Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:48 PM

367 posts, read 765,742 times

Advertisements

It's the third time and the second in the last two years Lt. Ray Albers of St Ann, Missouri has been disciplined. Good to see it's indefinitely without pay. Law enforcement has remained silent about it's bad apples and now that they're abuse of authority is coming to the surface it's time to rid the blue ranks of all the dangerous ones.

A psychological evaluation and sensitivity training are the minimum measures Chief Jimenez needs to take. Let it serve notice to all who take advantage of their position to demean themselves. It's a phrase in most law enforcement oaths. The variations of the definition are self explanatory.

Law enforcement officers who acknowledge verbal hecklers have opened a can of worms they usually can't handle. People are bolder in groups and just as stupid when it comes to self-control. Professionals can handle the pressure. The bad apples let the worms get under their skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM

71 posts, read 219,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Once again, Mike Brown was NOT shot in the back. The bullet that killed him went through the top of his head which, given his height, means that he was facing the officer with his head down.
Or falling as the officer was firing the gun.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_565 View Post
I'm from NYC. The cop was suspended and charges are currently pending.
I'm aware of that, however where is the media out rage? Where are the protests Led by Sharpton against the NYPD? You won't see any because no white people were involved so Sharpton can't push his white oppression narrative. It's his double standard.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I'm aware of that, however where is the media out rage? Where are the protests Led by Sharpton against the NYPD? You won't see any because no white people were involved so Sharpton can't push his white oppression narrative. It's his double standard.
Al Sharpton just shows up out of the blue sky? You are really showing your ignorance.

Turn off the TV and do some real research.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:56 PM

112 posts, read 131,680 times
Quote:
The officer didn't kill the man. Furthermore, as I pointed out, he was suspended and has charges pending. Why would Sharpton or anyone protest? Action was taken immediately.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Al Sharpton just shows up out of the blue sky? You are really showing your ignorance.

Turn off the TV and do some real research.
40 years living in this city and watching up close and personal how Sharpton conducts himself. I've forgotten more about Al Sharpton then you know.

Quote:
The officer didn't kill the man. Furthermore, as I pointed out, he was suspended and has charges pending. Why would Sharpton or anyone protest? Action was taken immediately.
So someone has to die for Sharpton to show up? Officer Pantello was suspended to pending an investigation yet Sharpton still has to stick his nose in it trying to force an arrest. Sharpton wan't it both ways. That cop is white and stomping that black perps head in then it's a whole new ball game.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 PM

112 posts, read 131,680 times
Quote:

Officer Pantello was suspended to pending an investigation yet Sharpton still has to stick his nose in it trying to force an arrest. Sharpton wan't it both ways. That cop is white and stomping that black perps head in then it's a whole new ball game.
Officer Daniel Pantaleo was put on administrative leave, but he wasn't suspended w/out pay. Also, he still has his gun and badge and all police privileges.

Keep in mind, Pantaleo committed other criminal acts against citizens, without being charged... NYPD Officer Who Allegedly Choked Eric Garner Has Already Cost City $30,000 For Unlawful Strip Search | Ben Swann Truth In Media

Old 08-20-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Officer Daniel Pantaleo was put on administrative leave, but he wasn't suspended w/out pay. Also, he still has his gun and badge and all police privileges.

Keep in mind, Pantaleo committed other criminal acts against citizens, without being charged... NYPD Officer Who Allegedly Choked Eric Garner Has Already Cost City $30,000 For Unlawful Strip Search | Ben Swann Truth In Media
Oh wow you are reaching. And you are wrong, Pantaleo was stripped of his Gun and badge roughly 48 hours after the Garner incident. At present he has no NYPD privileges and the case is going before a special grand Jury. Yes, he was sued and yes the city settled because that's what NYC does. Cheaper to settle then go to court. So now let's look at the pilars of Society that sued Officer Pantello. Both convicted felons that both did numerous stints in prsions for gun running and class A felony narcotics dealing.

Any cop that works these bad areas of the city have been sued. If you aren't sued you aren't doing your job.

Let me go on record (again) that it won't be the "choke hold" that get's this guy fired, it will be the knee to the head after Garner was down and complaining that he can't breathe.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:08 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times
Quote:
Whats up with this hard on/obsession with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? Yes they are shake down artists and no they are not leaders of anyone, nor have they ever been. They're just 2 very opportunistic individuals who have gotten well compensated thru the years for digging up dirt. Of course they wont bring up the incident which you are speaking of because it won't put any money in their pocket. I think both whites and blacks realize them for what they are so why is so much time still wasted on them?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:26 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times
Quote:
CNN Reported that the officer (in the below video) who threatened two white men with a gun at the protest, was suspended indefinitely. Talk about swift justice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFia3Uo0TQ
This Ferguson situation has caused me to think a little bit about past experiences that I had with police and hearing the outrage behind the video you posted really made me think even deeper and I was amazed at how ingrained and "status quo" certain aspects of life can be when if we just see an outside perspective on the situation we would truly see how messed up it is. I say all that because I am a black male, I grew up in a rough neighborhood in an inner city and I have seen police "draw down" (pull their weapons out and point them at you) as we called it on someone more times than I can count. It even happened to me one time. Its amazing how that was just normal to me, I never really thought anything of it, it was just the way things were in my mind. Only until last night and today after watching the news and hearing a Police training expert say on CNN what the proper procedure was for a cop to draw his service weapon and aim at a citizen did I realize that I basically have been witnessing the same thing the people in Ferguson are uspet about, I just didn't realize it. Basically a cop is only supposed to draw his weapon and aim when there is a confirmed report of a threat to their life or someone else. And I can honestly say that I have seen personally with my own 2 eyes cops draw down on people for mundane things such as a traffic stop or even drinking in public. These people posed not the slightest threat to them or anyone else. But yet they did something illegal and were met with a reaction that was not equal to what they did. Getting pulled over for driving without insurance should not warrant you having 2 cops pointing guns in your face. Say what you want, getting a gun pointed in your face is some scary sh*t and not something that you can just forget that easily.

There a good # of decent and honest cops, but there are also a decent number of cops who are basically modern day cowboys and they get their kicks from busting heads and have no intention of helping anyone in any form or fashion. And that has to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis