Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:45 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
Really? I'm noticing considerably less pro-Michael Brown sentiment in my (mostly) white social media world. I thought people were jumping ship now that "honoring Mike Brown's memory" now consists of trying to shut down highways and yelling at people during Cards games.
I've been amazed by the number of White supporters Michael Brown has. Most are younger but definitely very vocal and engaged with the issues.

Social media has a tendency to bring out racist and a lot of ignorance so that is not what I see in real life.

I don't support shutting down freeways and yelling at sports fans (if that actually happened). I do support peaceful protests. I do support justice (whatever that may be). I am a major advocate of law enforcement reform and DOJ investigation. I do feel that public servants should act as such after all we paid for them to act according to the law. It makes me angry when they don't.

I don't see this as a White and Black issue. I see it as a community vs law enforcement and prosecutors office. Judging on some of the online comments many racist have become vocal with their racism but that is their mess. They base their opinions off of what "they" are doing instead of what is happening and the outcome of the case and what it means to our region and how we look to the world.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 09-29-2014 at 07:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 09:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
I doubt the majority of these people have jobs / money to get bailed out until the beginning of next month. They will have to wait until their welfare check gets sent out.

For many of these people, protesting is a full-time job and they can protest all they want and not worry about missing work or getting fired. Best thing to do is withdraw all local police from the area, if the residents need assistance, have them call Eric Holder or the Reverend Al Sharpton.
ooh your gonna get beat up by the PC crowd for that one...despite it being truth!!

Old 11-13-2014, 09:59 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson is making it worse on black people by making everything a race issue.. we all need to come together.. stop dividing races.. we are more similar than different Al.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:48 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
The rest of the US - and much of the connected outside world is watching - will we see a confounding of negative expectations, regardless of the grand jury's decision, or will we again see a sizeable minority use the opportunity to loot and terrorize?

Old 11-13-2014, 06:36 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
IMHO Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and many others of their ilk are there for one reason. TO AGITATE!. I have the feeling the majority of the locals are staying in their homes and just praying and hoping things will return to normal. Inciting a riot used to be a major Felony. Of course Eric Holder is part of the problem so what can any of the legitimate authorities do?
GL2

Old 11-14-2014, 08:33 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
There's an amazing amount of paranoid white people in this thread.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
IMHO Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and many others of their ilk are there for one reason. TO AGITATE!. I have the feeling the majority of the locals are staying in their homes and just praying and hoping things will return to normal. Inciting a riot used to be a major Felony. Of course Eric Holder is part of the problem so what can any of the legitimate authorities do?
GL2
jesse and al are welfare recipients as well...just comes in a different form
pathetic useless problem causers...google al sharpton, his nonsense is responsible for some deaths...

Old 11-15-2014, 03:17 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I am noticing more and more white protestors.
White people can be ignorant and dumb too.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:13 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
White people can be ignorant and dumb too.
You called it MORebelWoman,
I have a good friend that voted for Obama twice. However on 11/04/2014 he finally wised up and voted a straight Republican ticket. It isn't that he is dumb, he just had the misfortune of having too many Liberal friends. However he lost a few of them when he told them how he voted. They blame me for having such an evil influence on him LOL.
GL2

Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 PM

455 posts, read 771,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
jesse and al are welfare recipients as well...just comes in a different form
pathetic useless problem causers...google al sharpton, his nonsense is responsible for some deaths...
Sharpton and Jackson are two of the most dishonest elite blacks in America. Throw in Eric ‘Chip on His Shoulder’ Holder​ and now you've got the perfect trifecta of corruption and incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis