U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2008, 05:47 AM

23,444 posts, read 17,159,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
Sorry...my bad!
no prob, the original is quite lovely, give it a listen!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 AM

4 posts, read 8,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay33 View Post

E. I wouldn't go so far as calling St. Louis a Treasure either. Sure the Ice Cream cone was invented here. Sure there are great little historic pockets around. Sure The World Fair and First Olympic Games were here. Forest Park This, Lewis and Clark that. Thes are all wonderful things, but are over-shadowed by the spirit of St. Louis.

Truly the thing that is incubating St. Louis, is it's History. There's possibly too much and people can't seem to move one. That's part of that Old Regime that I've discussed earlier.

For Instance. I've frequented the Landing years back and a couple of times over the past year. Why have I seen so many Young Women literally fall to the ground after getting their heel caught in the Cobble Stone. Come on! Get rid of that Stuff. If you won't to make The Landing a "Go To Place" why not Truly Renovate it. St. Louis doesn't have the perspective for Mixing the New with The Old. It tries, but consistently fails. That's INSANITY, if The Webster Dictionary were to put a label on it.

That's just one example that is Full Display of How OL' St. Louis wants to keep itself.
Accck! I know I'm ignoring the gist of your entire post, but I just had to address the above. Off the top of my head, a quick 20:

1. Try the Art Museum in Forest Park.

2. City Museum downtown. That place is nuts, but fun.

3. Walking around the Central West End (especially up and down Euclid, from Forest Park up to McPherson.

4. Walking the Loop on Delmar from the University City Lions to the Pageant.

5. Fair St. Louis! Fireworks on the Arch grounds. Nothing better than a show, and some Drewes to end the evening.

6. I have to throw in shopping malls for my wife. The Galleria, Frontenac, and West County.

7. Eating at the Boathouse in Forest Park, renting a boat, and rowing your SO into the fountains in front of the Art Museum.

8. The St. Louis Basillica in Lindell, with its largest collection of mosaics in the world.

9. Main Street St. Charles. (Oops! History!) I love a street that hasn't changed much from the early 1800's when Lewis and Clark stopped there. yeah, I also like that tiny little pocket of cobblestoned streets on Laclede's Landing as well.

10. The Brewery tour! Mmmm... free beer.

11. A movie at the Chase Park Plaza, The Tivoli, or the Esquire.

12. Bowling at the Pin Up Bowl in the Loop or the Moolah Temple near SLU.

13. The Opera. The Symphony.

14. A show at the Fox.

15. The Missouri History Museum in Forest Park (I know...HISTORY...bad!) There is a great exhibit going on right now... Flight City: St. Louis.

16. The Soulard Farmer's Market.

17. The Crown Candy Kitchen for lunch.

18. The Cardinals Hall of Fame.

19. The Missouri Botanical Garden.

20. Watching the Perfectos.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:08 PM

All perfectly wonderful, uniquely STL things to do...... I sure wish I could come home right now, and make inroads on the list.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:25 PM

11 posts, read 31,258 times
Okay.... Jay33 is Back...

Dudnt dah da duuuunnnnn....

I HAVE A FEW PEOPLE TO RIP APART.

THIS IS GOING TO BE THERAPEUTIC!

HERE WEEEE GOOOOO!!!!!

A.
jOjOJOHNSON76 -
[MOD CUT] I don't drink tap water because it's not the best to begin with, unless you have some purification system in your home.

Secondly, It was a figurative phrase, but I literally don't drink St. Louis Tap water. The Natives have been drinking it for years and most seem to be discombobulated. It's the only logical thing I can come up with that explains why tons of St. Louisans think on a Third World Consciousness Level of things. It's 2008 Kiddies!!!

Don't drink your tap water for a week and get back to me. It may be too late. Although, you did state that you did agree with me initially, so there may be some hope after all.

Please make any retaliation sturdier than these infamous ONE LINERS --

B.
ARAGX6 --
I don't know where you've been, but obviously not on PLANET EARTH. If I can make any helpful suggestion, it would be to never, ever, ever, ever, never, never, ever, ever.... CORRELATE OR INTERTWINE THE TERM, OR THOUGHT OF PARADISE WITH ST. POOHIS

If you're going to attempt to make a Witty, Punch Lined, referenced reply, please get it right the first time. I see my First Casualty Kshe95girl cleaned you up before I could. [MOD CUT] Keep in place though. Please keep all of your responses Calculated. It's cold out there. Grab a Coat!

C.
Kat750 -
You may have very welled just nabbed the Gold Medal for [MOD CUT]

Are you kidding me? Blacks,.. oh, excuse me.. Poor Blacks being the most racist people in the world. The entire Universe. The Galaxy. The.. Whatever...

Do we need to go back just a couple of decades a go. Jim Crow Laws. Slavery, indoctrined/legal -- non-education of blacks. They'd be killed for it by whom...?
What Was Jim Crow?

Can we say Black Wall Street?
Whenever Blacks excelled in history, whites were right there to try and knock them down. It has happened and is still happening.
Here is a nice article to add to your Worldly Understanding.
OR GOOGLE " BLACK WALL STREET "

Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Black Wall Street - Black People And Their Place In World History

Black on Black crime to me is analagous to: A parent showing 1 child more love than their siblling. It creates a rivalry. That was how the Willie Lynch Laws were SetUp.
THE WILLIE LYNCH SPEECH OF 1712 (http://omnist.com/COFE/lynch.htm - broken link) ( Google This Too )

Black People are strong. Blacks have been taking hits for 100's of years and are still here. I don't know if any other group would be here, if the tables were turned.

Lets not point a finger at any group being the most racist. It's a human thing. Brought about from insecurity and fear. Read Up Sonny!

D.
WestCoDude-
[MOD CUT]

Go back to my slight life breakdown. I'm not a staunch Republican, or a Democrat. Although, I did vote for Bush during both Elections. Obama is getting it this time around. Integrity needs to be put back in our offices. Hillary, all I can say is The 90's. White Water Gate, Travel Gate, Most Indictments and people all of a sudden dying around her during trials. Delayed Tax Records. Tax Fraud. Etc..Shady Lady to say the least.

Anyways.. I don't want to get into politics, but West County Life must be good. I know.. I know... You work hard and that's why you are where you are. You have integrity and brought up in a great household.... Blah.. Blah.. Blah...

You are failing to see the true picture. People are hurting out here. Albeit, due to their own judgements and things, but what they were stewed in has alot to do with it. Humans are strong, but most don't apply themselves to that energy within. That's why only 3% control everything else. I can't even write anymore.. My brain will explode on this post...

E.
TomeServo-
I don't even know why I should bother. You're blowing things overwhelmingly out of proportion.
I'm not a History basher, I'm just stating that St. Louis can and will never be what other cities have amounted to and will amount to. It's History is a Key Element which prohibits wholesome progression for the mass. Alot of the things you mentioned weren't and aren't even History. They're aspects of this city, found in tons of other cities as well. It's not about the Physical Structures, but the Spirit.
[MOD CUT]

The only way I believe St. Louis will see true growth is when tons of people on Earth just suddently disappear. I mean half of the population will just vanish. Who knows from what. Maybe that second coming or just the fact that the Earth Rotates/Flips Completely from North to South every 24,000 years. That is happening in 2012.
St. Louis will be reckoned with.

" GOOGLE 2012 "

And yes, that cobble stone should be removed, or at least touched up. I mean half of the bricks are so worn down, it's amazing no one has seriously hurt themselves. At least not to my knowledge. St. Louis does things half A**.

If you're going to do it do it BIG.

And another thing. What is Ted Drewe's?
Oh, a Gooey Butter Ball

That's why Missouri was ranked the 9th FATTEST STATE OUT OF THE 50.

Get it together Native. I bet you don't even use 5% of those things you've listed on a consistent basis.

Come on, Get Real. I've touched everything on that list and they're not great. Let alone History.

MY SYNOPSIS--

CHALLENGE ANYONE?

I AWAIT SOMEONE TO RIP ME APART...

GET SOME SLEEP FIRST.

BIG DADDY SIGNING OFF!

STLCARDS, NO PROBLEM BUD. WE'RE EVEN.
I GIVE YOU FULL PERMISSION TO SPEAK ON ST. LOUIS, WITH NO ATTACKS FROM ME.

Scouts Honor -

Last edited by da jammer; 03-27-2008 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: nope, that stuff isn't gonna fly

Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 PM

I am utterly crushed, I failed to make the hit list. How will I ever survive?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,915,805 times
St. Louis is a very racist city. I love it ANYWAY but it is racist.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,466,089 times
Thought I would drop by and say HI I have no problem with the folks saying their piece but the name calling is gonna stop even if the member thinks everyone will realize "they are just kiddin'" In order for this topic to remain open for discussion let's ramp it down a notch or two please. Thanks folks.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 PM

11 posts, read 31,258 times
Default HAh!!!

Moderator cut: quoted post is no longer available

Looks like somebody has done a little homework.

I have a nice home huh?

Real Estate Always Move. Don't Worry [MOD EDIT] "kshe95girl"

A summary of my life was layed out in Post 1.

I don't like exposure too much, but growing out of it though.

That irritates me a little.

Last edited by da jammer; 03-27-2008 at 08:31 PM..

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
B.
ARAGX6 --
I don't know where you've been, but obviously not on PLANET EARTH. If I can make any helpful suggestion, it would be to never, ever, ever, ever, never, never, ever, ever.... CORRELATE OR INTERTWINE THE TERM, OR THOUGHT OF PARADISE WITH ST. POOHIS

If you're going to attempt to make a Witty, Punch Lined, referenced reply, please get it right the first time. I see my First Casualty Kshe95girl cleaned you up before I could. [MOD CUT] Keep in place though. Please keep all of your responses Calculated. It's cold out there. Grab a Coat!
jay33, could you possibly shed some light on this oblique comment? How exactly did I "clean" aragx6 up? That is rather a broad comment about casulties, I see no welling wounds upon my person....

Quote:
Looks like somebody has done a little homework.

I have a nice home huh?

Real Estate Always Move. Don't Worry [MOD EDIT] "kshe95girl"

A summary of my life was layed out in Post 1.

I don't like exposure too much, but growing out of it though.

That irritates me a little.

It's those of us whom one does not pay attention to that one must watch out for, we'll get you every time.
I did not state your home was nice, it really needs some landscaping, and that IS a professional opinion, consider that a freebie, I usually charge about $500 for that.
If you didnt wish to be exposed, you should not have laid the groundwork to make it so easy.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 03-27-2008 at 08:42 PM..

Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 PM

49,278 posts, read 45,802,045 times
unfortunately racism is something defined by the self appointed as what white guys do to others. everything else gets ignored or downplayed. thanks for your post.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-27-2008 at 09:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis