Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 AM

287 posts, read 350,600 times

Advertisements

Jay33, one second I'm reading your post and saying "Yep, he's right," and then next I literally said to myself [MOD CUT]

#1. Getting rid of churches....yep, teaching love and compassion...That's just something this city doesn't need.

#2. You don't drink the water because you are afraid it will affect your brain...

Yep, your entire post was just voided basedon #2.

Last edited by da jammer; 03-27-2008 at 07:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 11:29 AM

386 posts, read 1,692,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojohnson76 View Post
Right, and those people move to Chesterfi....oh...oops
Hahahaha. I knew I couldn't duck that one.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:20 PM

11 posts, read 40,979 times
I'M LUVIN IT!!

1. ChiTownWarrior

I guess First.. Neither of our points of view are the End All Be All of St. Louis, or This World at that. But NoneTheLess, our experiences are Valid to Ourselves.

Furthermore, Thanks for the Intelligent and Eloquent Response. Very Productive and tons of Consciousness.

A. Someone pulled my card from my first post, which I posted at 12:00 in the morning. It was on the subject of the 13 Colonies. You're right, Europe is not a country. The Netherlands, Amsterdam is though, to be more specific. I think the thing that was going thru my mind at the time was the Euro and how they all go off the same currency now. So I subconsciously think of Europe as 1 country now. Hope that clears things up!

B. My second post had a rebuttle to STLCARDS who thought I had some anger issues. You then state that you understand my frustration. My response to STLCARDS was that my Scorpion Passion was at the forefront of my writing. I hope I don't come off as this angry individual, because I'm very much not. I'm just indulging back into my experiences to point out relevant aspects on the subjects at hand. Again, not the End All Be All. Let me look into that though. Maybe you guys are on to something.

Now, lets get to the meat of things.

Have you been to Columbus lately? When I talk about major cities that all have an underlying theme of unity. Columbus is the capital of Ohio with vast amounts of Diversity. In fact, it would be sickening to a racist to be in that city. Huge College town with infinite amounts of spirit. The "YES WE CAN" attitude. That's Huge!

D. You edged at me thinking I felt "Superior", because I was raised in Ohio. I wouldn't go so far as that, but on any given day, at any given time, the average person brought up in Ohio has more of Worldly Progressive view than the Average Po-Dunk in Missouri. I won't recede from that point ever. For some reason, I can't see my views as biased. How can a non-racist person, with an attitude and perspective on hands out to everyone be considered a dividing catalyst?

What, I don't understand the view of racist, a**-backwards ways of the Insecure, Low-Life, Non-Progressives? I don't concur! Remember I'm "Half & Half". I like that quote.

E. I wouldn't go so far as calling St. Louis a Treasure either. Sure the Ice Cream cone was invented here. Sure there are great little historic pockets around. Sure The World Fair and First Olympic Games were here. Forest Park This, Lewis and Clark that. Thes are all wonderful things, but are over-shadowed by the spirit of St. Louis.

Truly the thing that is incubating St. Louis, is it's History. There's possibly too much and people can't seem to move one. That's part of that Old Regime that I've discussed earlier.

For Instance. I've frequented the Landing years back and a couple of times over the past year. Why have I seen so many Young Women literally fall to the ground after getting their heel caught in the Cobble Stone. Come on! Get rid of that Stuff. If you won't to make The Landing a "Go To Place" why not Truly Renovate it. St. Louis doesn't have the perspective for Mixing the New with The Old. It tries, but consistently fails. That's INSANITY, if The Webster Dictionary were to put a label on it.

That's just one example that is Full Display of How OL' St. Louis wants to keep itself.

Also, my couple of experiences that I had written about in my First Post were just a small bit. There's more, but I didn't really want to bring them to light.

F. Now, I've only been to Chicago 3 Times, so I can't speak on what a Well Rounded experience, or neighborhood breakdown is, but I do have friends that grew up there. I've listened to stories about what you've described.

G. I can assure you, my stories are legitimate Racism trying to do its' best. If anyone should know what Racism is, that's me. I'm open to everyone. I wouldn't say I'm sensitive, but more "Smash any bit of Low Life B.S., everytime it shows its' Ugly Little Head."

All in All, St. Louis is its' on Character. There are some great aspects for Historians and Past Lovers. What is History anyways though? "HIS" - "STORY"

You seem to have a Vast, Been Around the Block, Enlightened View of The World, but maybe you're too Historic for not only Your Own Good, but This New Age Group Of Travelers?

THEY LABeLED US THE X-GENERATION.

THEY JUST COULDN'T TELL YOU WHAT WE HAVE IN STORE.

We have something, no other generation has gotten to experience. I think there could be some resentment, especially from the Baby Boomers. I understand it is the Baby Boomers Turn to be in Charge, but there's a bigger movement than the "Right of Entitlement."

Wow, that's funny... It's sort of like our Current Presidential Race.

I HAVE TO GO FOR NOW, BUT WestCoDude and Kat750, I'm coming for you.

Good Rebuttle Charleston Class.

Jay33 to the Rescue!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,721,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay33 View Post

For Instance. I've frequented the Landing years back and a couple of times over the past year. Why have I seen so many Young Women literally fall to the ground after getting their heel caught in the Cobble Stone. Come on! Get rid of that Stuff. If you won't to make The Landing a "Go To Place" why not Truly Renovate it. St. Louis doesn't have the perspective for Mixing the New with The Old. It tries, but consistently fails. That's INSANITY, if The Webster Dictionary were to put a label on it.
Yeah! How about we tear down all those old buildings down there also? Its not like it is a historic area or anything.

While we are at it, we need to get rid of all those cobblestones in the French Quarter and the dirt roads in Colonial Williamsburg.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:48 PM

287 posts, read 350,600 times
^ Jay33 has been added to the "Ignore this post" list in my book.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:11 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojohnson76 View Post
^ Jay33 has been added to the "Ignore this post" list in my book.
Couldn't agree more.

That's like saying, there's nothing special about this place, so let's give up completely and "pave paradise and put up a parking lot."

Old 03-26-2008, 03:54 PM

634 posts, read 2,348,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Couldn't agree more.

That's like saying, there's nothing special about this place, so let's give up completely and "pave paradise and put up a parking lot."
Apparently I've given you some recent rep, otherwise, you'd have more coming for the Counting Crows reference...

BTW (from the IL post), if you followed me to Idaho, my wife might think something was amiss...

Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
Jay. I never said you had anger issues. I said your post was angry.

When I read your post, it yells at me, and no one likes to be yelled at. Passion is fine, but you're overdoing it, I think.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
Apparently I've given you some recent rep, otherwise, you'd have more coming for the Counting Crows reference...

BTW (from the IL post), if you followed me to Idaho, my wife might think something was amiss...
ummmm, its actually a Joni Mitchell song, the Counting Crows just covered it, sorry....... just a stickler here.
I am the one he referred to in point #1.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:40 AM

634 posts, read 2,348,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
ummmm, its actually a Joni Mitchell song, the Counting Crows just covered it, sorry....... just a stickler here.
Sorry...my bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis