Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I went to ch4 to get some more news on this shooting but another shooting that happened in North St.Louis became their top story and then that one was interrupted by one that just happened 30 minutes ago. Damn...
Fortunately, there is a lot of shooting and missing going on or we'd really be setting records.

It's only a matter of time before a civilian catches a stray though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 05:23 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
I don't watch the news because of the negative coverage. I recognize that violence is occurring all too much but listening to the news, you would swear that the city is falling apart and that isn't the city that I experience everyday.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:22 AM

The story was updated to add more details - apparently some civilians were grazed..

Three held after rolling gun battle in St. Louis that imperiled bystanders : News

Old 04-21-2015, 08:28 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,011,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I don't watch the news because of the negative coverage. I recognize that violence is occurring all too much but listening to the news, you would swear that the city is falling apart and that isn't the city that I experience everyday.
Sorry to say, but I'm under the impression that the city is falling apart...and I'm speaking of the metro as a whole. There are "safe" areas of the metro that simply haven't been affected by the violence as of yet, but overall, there seems to be a steady slide into unadulterated violence and bloodshed...and to combat that, we citizens are arming up in an attempt to meet violence with violence...which i feel is contributing to the degradation of society.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 AM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Sorry to say, but I'm under the impression that the city is falling apart...and I'm speaking of the metro as a whole. There are "safe" areas of the metro that simply haven't been affected by the violence as of yet, but overall, there seems to be a steady slide into unadulterated violence and bloodshed...and to combat that, we citizens are arming up in an attempt to meet violence with violence...which i feel is contributing to the degradation of society.
That's the feeling I get too.
I see they're checking out a possible bomb placed in front of city Hall, wonder what that's all about ?

Old 04-21-2015, 09:58 PM

The bombs at city hall turned out to be CO2 tanks.
Later,someone called in a bomb threat at Mizzou.
Someone called 911 about a hostage situation at a church in St.Peters that turned out to be a hoax.
There was also a call about a double shooting in Sycamore Hills that turned out to be false.
The cops were running hither and tither today chasing wild geese. What's going on ? April Fools was 3 weeks ago. I figure it's either jokers with too much time on their hands or somebody is testing response time.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:15 PM

Here is what was going on yesterday.

Fake calls drain, divert police resources - KMOV.com

I read that the same stuff has been going on in Flagstaff Arizona.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:49 PM

And the beat goes on:

Man shot to death in downtown St. Louis : News

Old 04-25-2015, 09:02 AM

215 posts, read 712,629 times
Really scary how close to City Museum that happened. If I was a tourist and found out about this, it may make me not want to visit City Museum due to safety concerns.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:02 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The story was updated to add more details - apparently some civilians were grazed..

Three held after rolling gun battle in St. Louis that imperiled bystanders : News
Would there be any video footage of one of those many rolling gun battles? I'm just curious as to whether all the car chase scenes in action movies from Hollywood are like the real thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis