Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 07:26 PM

24 posts, read 30,626 times

Advertisements

So I see that numerous places (in mostly the city) are reported and/or confirmed as being "haunted". I get why as it's an old city with history of death and violence and blah blah blah but then I see there are other haunted type areas in the neighboring counties and such ("barnhart is mostly a haunted town, de soto, etc.) so it has me wondering is there a town or city in the state that ISNT haunted?

Also, where is zombie road and if I went to six flags how likely am I to see 1 of the 6 ghosts and what about that pig man? Just wondering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 09:19 PM

17 posts, read 24,421 times
I've wondered why they always seem to be old hauntings. Does anyone know of any from recently deceased?
I'm from the IL side. Can't really answer your MO questions.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,017,258 times
I think Alton, IL is supposed to be one of the most haunted towns in America...you should hang out there a bit. Didn't know that Six Flags was haunted...which makes me think you won't see any ghosts if you go there...maybe sneak in after dark?

Old 03-10-2015, 09:04 AM

132 posts, read 389,579 times
Take this with a grain of salt, but an infamous psychic once suggested that places where mass deaths occurred were more likely to be haunted. It's not so much the physical building, but the land that remains haunted. So if you had a battlefield or a hospital where numerous deaths occurred (maybe in times of great epidemics), then those locations would more likely be haunted, even if something new were built on the land. Obviously the city of St. Louis had many city hospitals where something like this could've happened. I don't know about Alton. So, IF you believe in that kind of thing, you could make an argument for an old city like St. Louis being more haunted simply because of it's long history and the likeliness of many violent/horrific deaths in a small geographic area at one time. (Don't ask me why some of the dead leave and others become ghosts!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis