Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,187 times

Advertisements

Family of 6. Children in high school, middle school and elementary. Where are the good public school districts? Our house budget is in the high twos. Would like to live near schools in a safe community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Where are you working? How long of a commute can you stand?

Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
As I've done before with other researchers, with that kind of a house budget, I would recommend Fenton, Ballwin and maybe Eureka to be on your short list. The Rockwood public school district is reputedly top-notch; Parkway is really good as well. Let us know how things go with you!

Lest I forget, over in Illinois (which I'm not as familiar with), I would check out the Edwardsville area.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:13 PM

275 posts, read 1,124,588 times
Check out my posts about Edwardsville. Go to Edwardsville School District #7 to learn about our schools. Our school district is highly regarded in the Metro St. Louis area. Great community with lots to offer families. Takes me 25 to 30 minutes to get to a Cards game, 30 minutes to get to the Galleria, and about 45 minutes to get to the ice rink in Chesterfield. Hope that helps!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:39 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
Most of St. Louis would meet those requirements. The north side is still rough, and the first couple of miles into East St. Louis are sometimes rough as well.

I would suggest a suburb. The suburbs on either side should be just fine. If you decide on the city, I would suggest a private school or try to get into a charter or magnet school inside the city.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM

17 posts, read 53,837 times
I'm a realtor with coldwell banker premier. i would like to assist you. depending on what you are looking for in neighborhood you have a pretty good pic of areas. Oakville, Mehlville, Ballwin, and Fenton would be some areas that you may want to look into. They minutes from downtown, family areas, close to shopping and malls, and excellent schools. The City schools are not so good. Reply if I can be of any more assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tznorwood View Post
Family of 6. Children in high school, middle school and elementary. Where are the good public school districts? Our house budget is in the high twos. Would like to live near schools in a safe community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis