Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmaduhhs View Post
Thank you for your prompt replies brother. Do you pray Isha at the Ballwin Mesjid?
Rarely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 08:07 AM

7 posts, read 30,422 times
Which mesjid do you normally attend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Rarely.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Which mesjid do you normally attend?
I currently live in New York City. Usually visit MO once a year to meet family and I guess that's when I pray at Darul Salam or some times in the Page Masjid.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM

Thats great, I just moved from the NYC metro area to STL. Thought I could meet with you here if you were local. I take it your from around here since you have a lot of insight masha'Allah. I will send you a friend request from this site. Thanks again for your help and prompt replies.

Quote:
I currently live in New York City. Usually visit MO once a year to meet family and I guess that's when I pray at Darul Salam or some times in the Page Masjid.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Thats great, I just moved from the NYC metro area to STL. Thought I could meet with you here if you were local. I take it your from around here since you have a lot of insight masha'Allah. I will send you a friend request from this site. Thanks again for your help and prompt replies.

I knew of an Arab brother who moved from New Jersey with his family a few years ago, and he was EXTREMELY pleased with the housing affordability.

I will see if I could find his contact, and will get you introduced to him. Over all, St. Louis Muslim community is good and friendly. You will quickly get social.

What kind of work do you and what made you move to St. Louis? (You may reply me in the pvt message if you like)

Old 05-26-2015, 10:40 PM

That would be great...IT work, job relocation.
Quote:
I knew of an Arab brother who moved from New Jersey with his family a few years ago, and he was EXTREMELY pleased with the housing affordability.

I will see if I could find his contact, and will get you introduced to him. Over all, St. Louis Muslim community is good and friendly. You will quickly get social.

What kind of work do you and what made you move to St. Louis? (You may reply me in the pvt message if you like)

Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,041 times
Assalaam alaikum brothers,

I am planning to move to St louis by end of this month. Information provided in posts above have helped me decide the location/area to stay.

I would be InshaAllah staying in/around Manchester area probably either in Reflection Cove or Willowbend apartments.
Any muslim familes staying in either of the apartments?

my kid is 4yrs and would be going to ADS pre-school InshaAllah. I inquired yesterday and they said no slots available , so I am little concerned now.

I am moving from California Bay Area where there is huge muslim population , so i am little worried about the weather in St Louis and also the neighborhood.

Any inputs will be appreciated. JazakhAllah.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Walaikum Asalaam Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh
There are several families in and around the complexes that are close to the mosque,.
So far i have found the weather to similar to that of NJ, but for you it maybe more humid and hot.
Ballwin area seems good for my family and I and I do recommend it. Also please note I do think that the kids here have begun school already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javedm View Post

I am planning to move to St louis by end of this month. Information provided in posts above have helped me decide the location/area to stay.

I would be InshaAllah staying in/around Manchester area probably either in Reflection Cove or Willowbend apartments.

my kid is 4yrs and would be going to ADS pre-school InshaAllah. I inquired yesterday and they said no slots available , so I am little concerned now.

I am moving from California Bay Area where there is huge muslim population , so i am little worried about the weather in St Louis and also the neighborhood.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javedm View Post

I am visiting St. Louis and boy was it a bad timing?
A couple of weeks ago, the heat index was 107. Hot and Humid !!

And to make matters worse, I was at Niagra falls a couple weeks before that, and we had the heat turned on in our hotel room.

There may be many things you may NOT like about St. Louis if you are moving from Bay Area.
However, I think good housing at a fraction of Bay Area prices will provide some relief. Driving Courtesy is also not bad in West County area. Generally, people are nice and friendly.

I know someone at ADS pre-school and will talk to them to see if they can make an extra effort to take your kid? I will ask for details later if there is a possibility.

Reflection Cove is OK but I haven't heard of any desis in that complex. The only thing I know is that right behind the complex we play cricket in the Love Park. It's a soft ball 12 overs game - so if you are into a little bit of light exercise and fun cricket then it will be a walk to the park for you; however, Willowbend are better in my opinion.

Old 08-15-2015, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,041 times
JazakhAllah brother for your replay!!

Really appreciate if you can talk to ADS pre-school for admission. I have spoken to Ust. Marah last week and she has not confirmed me yet on the availability. I will be in St Louis this week and will try to visit school to find out more.
If they cannot accommodate then I may not move to St louis as i don't want my son to sit at home for one more year
Will wait for your update brother..

Its been longtime i have not played cricket....i would love to play.

Will finalize either Willowbend or Reflection cove .. depending on the availability around my travel dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis