U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 PM

197 posts, read 237,213 times

Advertisements

One of the prettiest neighborhoods in STL County is Pasadena Hills. The houses are beautiful and historic. The entire neighborhood is on the national register. The school district isn't good, so many people send their kids to private schools. Rolling hills, parks, a pond and spanish fountain are all under a dense older tree canopy. Check it out! Very inexpensive for an area that looks just like Clayton and University City. We just moved in from the CWE and we love it! Two nearby country clubs are nearby as well, that aren't expensive, as compared to others in STL.

About Us

If this was in clayton if would three times as much!
7242 S Roland Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63121 is For Sale | Zillow
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:33 AM

488 posts, read 791,283 times
The OP is working in Fenton and has a huge distaste for historical homes. This would not meet their needs.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:22 AM

76 posts, read 97,207 times
http://www.zillow.com/savedhomes/for..._zm/1_rs/1_fr/ A beauty, but exceeds the budget. Thanks for all the feedback. Right now I can't seem to find an existing home I love that fits my budget.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:46 PM

3,562 posts, read 1,697,605 times
Sorry to intrude on a thread discussing upscale neighborhoods with a plebian Q but I am looking for a very cheap retirement place, I am in NC currently and am finding crazy cheap seemingly nice houses in St Louis.
Like this one:8717 Goodfellow Blvd, and several others close to it.

Am I naive to think they are in safe areas? Has to be too good to be true, no?

Old 05-19-2015, 08:15 AM

826 posts, read 1,318,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Sorry to intrude on a thread discussing upscale neighborhoods with a plebian Q but I am looking for a very cheap retirement place, I am in NC currently and am finding crazy cheap seemingly nice houses in St Louis.

Um, yes. Look up St. Louis City crime mapping incidents. Besides crimes, it seems to be quite the neighborhood for sex offenders residents. Crazy cheap for a reason. Spend your retirement $$ elsewhere, IMHO.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:35 AM

Thanks!
I hadn't thought to look in MO until yesterday (I'm looking obsessively online) and am finding those crazy cheap houses ALL OVER the state! What the heck is up with that.
I feel like buying this one sight unseen: 4928 Wabash Ave Kansas City Mo.

What am I missing here?

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 05-19-2015 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: TYPO

Old 05-19-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
I hadn't thought to look in MO until yesterday (I'm looking obsessively online) and am finding those crazy cheap houses ALL OVER the state! What the heck is up with that.
I feel like buying this one sight unseen: 4928 Wabash Ave Kansas City Mo.

What am I missing here?
I can't comment on KC, but if it's too good to be true, there's probably a reason.

My friend's grandmother lived in North City (St. Louis) since she was young (remember, it used to be thriving, as was East St. Louis at one point). Anyone nowadays in St. Louis knows North City is gangland and a no go, but she refused to move. Family hated it when she hosted holidays because it was an outright gamble to go there. When she declined enough that she had to move into a nursing home, they couldn't sell her house, even to the "We Buy Ugly Houses" people because it's such a bad neighbourhood. The final sale ended up being a whopping $6k. For a house. They couldn't get anything else for it.

There are lots of cheaper houses (around $100k) in good neighbourhoods. But if it sounds crazy cheap, run.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Seems to me I hear Goodfellow on the news a lot. I Googled the address. I wouldn't.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:56 PM

I started a KC thread and for sure the address I asked about there, was promptly shot down as a possibility!

The small towns in MO also have cheap houses galore in seemingly good shape. If the photos are accurate and current there must be something awful about the neighborhood is my assumption, but am hoping not?
Surely they cannot all be next to meth labs/lowlifes/criminals?

Old 05-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I started a KC thread and for sure the address I asked about there, was promptly shot down as a possibility!

The small towns in MO also have cheap houses galore in seemingly good shape. If the photos are accurate and current there must be something awful about the neighborhood is my assumption, but am hoping not?
Surely they cannot all be next to meth labs/lowlifes/criminals?
I suppose that depends on the town. I don't know much about rural MO either. I've only lived in the city and in IL.

I can tell you that Jefferson County and south is highly notorious for meth labs. I'm certain it's not an entire community of meth labs, but they are quite popular. One blows up at least once a month. I'd post in the main MO forum to get better, specific opinions. But I do stand by my statement - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis