Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 12:45 PM

197 posts, read 264,982 times

Advertisements

http://https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2692525_zpid/2-_beds/199000-2974000_price/732-10935_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/38.718515,-90.273436,38.697216,-90.310343_rect/14_zm/

7272 Country Club Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 09:27 AM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4.../2692970_zpid/

Another incredible house has just been listed on the market in my neighborhood. We love the neighborhood, and other younger families are rediscovering it as well. Private schools are your best option here and the neighborhood is absolutely safe. We feel safer than we did when we lived in the CWE. The push-back on this forum is intense, and I might have had the same misconception before we moved up here, but we love it. 12 minute commute to Clayton from a neighborhood that looks just like Clayton for 1/4 of the price!

Old 10-06-2017, 12:53 PM

https://www.zillow.com/homes/4510-Ma...,-MO-63121_rb/

another house with so much potential.

And this one is done!

https://www.zillow.com/homes/3954-Ro...,-MO-63121_rb/

Last edited by STL1980; 10-06-2017 at 01:07 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 09:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,267 times
Those are stunningly beautiful homes and STL1980 is certainly a very perceptive and optimistic realtor.
The question is - what is the inherent risk of living/commuting near Pasadena Hills? I'm sure it's a lovely area but looking at the crime statistics in the vicinity, they are quite frankly a bit terrifying...

Old 10-11-2017, 07:05 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
I think you would probably be okay as long as you didn't flaunt your wealth. I would also probably avoid walking around the Lucas and Hunt/Natural Bridge area late at night.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:02 AM

I grew up in Clayton and had the exact same reservations about the area. It's completely safe and arguably safer than many other "hot" neighborhoods in the city and county. There have been no break-ins in well over 20 months. There was ONE right when we moved in two years ago and they caught that teenager. Many other young families are rediscovering the area because of it's beautiful layout with four parks and large 1920's/1930's historic homes that look like the architecture in Clayton and University City. My commute to Downtown Clayton takes 12 minutes and I've never had a single issue living in the neighborhood. I'm not a realtor or agent, I just enjoy promoting this hidden gem with obviously a lot of misconceptions. We don't have kids, so I'm not pushing for people to send their kids to Normandy- that district definitely needs some work.. But if you want a beautiful house that is under a 15 minute drive to Downtown, CWE and Clayton, and a house that is architecturally-interesting and in a safe neighborhood, this is an excellent option. I'm sure LOTS of similar people told people to NEVER move to: Lafayette Square, The Grove, Soulard, CWE, etc....

Old 10-19-2017, 04:01 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
Out of curiosity, where do you go to do your grocery shopping, errands etc? Do you feel safe enough going to the closest grocery stores, etc?

I'm not trying to be critical, I'm genuinely curious. I adore the architecture in Pasadena Hills (and the price tags), but still have reservations.

P.S. I think it's great that you live there, love it and promote it. When we were house hunting 5 years back, I fell in love with it - I didn't know it existed before then.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL1980 View Post
I grew up in Clayton and had the exact same reservations about the area. It's completely safe and arguably safer than many other "hot" neighborhoods in the city and county. There have been no break-ins in well over 20 months. There was ONE right when we moved in two years ago and they caught that teenager. Many other young families are rediscovering the area because of it's beautiful layout with four parks and large 1920's/1930's historic homes that look like the architecture in Clayton and University City. My commute to Downtown Clayton takes 12 minutes and I've never had a single issue living in the neighborhood. I'm not a realtor or agent, I just enjoy promoting this hidden gem with obviously a lot of misconceptions. We don't have kids, so I'm not pushing for people to send their kids to Normandy- that district definitely needs some work.. But if you want a beautiful house that is under a 15 minute drive to Downtown, CWE and Clayton, and a house that is architecturally-interesting and in a safe neighborhood, this is an excellent option. I'm sure LOTS of similar people told people to NEVER move to: Lafayette Square, The Grove, Soulard, CWE, etc....
Look, I love the homes in Pasadena Hills, looked at some with my wife years ago, I know a couple people who live there, love Glen Echo Country Club nearby, but how do you get from there to Clayton in 12 minutes? I don't think it would be a long commute but 12 minutes seems like it would be pushing it. I mean, it can take me 12 minutes or more to get from my house in Kirkwood to Webster University (for example). I google mapped the address from one of your homes there and it gave 3 routes to my building in Clayton and it was 14-19 minutes between the 3 routes. And if you have traffic - you add a few.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL1980 View Post
I'm sure I would feel safe in the neighborhood and with my kids doing stuff in the neighborhood, but I seriously doubt I would want them venturing onto Natural Bridge in that area. Just saying. And no offense, but I'm not sure any areas is "completely safe." It's all a matter of degree and what is acceptable.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:56 AM

We typically go to Ladue Crossing Schnucks. There are closer Schnucks' to the neighborhood. One is across from Emerson's campus, and it's OK, but it doesn't have premier products like you can find at Ladue Crossing. The new Schnucks in Downtown Ferguson is actually nice too, but it also doesn't have quite the same products. The Walgreens across the street from the neighborhood is completely fine, and I have no problems going in there weekly. There's a few restaurants nearby that are OK, but certainly not Clayton, Kirkwood, etc. This area is more about having a great house for a lower cost. And yes, my commute down to Clayton from the neighborhood is on average 12 minutes. There isn't much traffic going south on Hanley in the morning. Getting into Clayton from Kirkwood or Webster can take over 20 minutes in the mornings with traffic. And yes, Glen Echo has to be the best deal to belong to a country club in St. Louis. I love that place, although I don't play much golf, so it didn't make sense to join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis