U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-08-2008, 03:23 PM

13 posts, read 36,511 times
Thanks Alexius and aragx6,

Actually the recommendation I received for Maryland Heights was not from this group, it was from a colleague that currently works out of the St. Louis office. He actually said University City or Maryland Heights but I guess I wrongly assumed that University City would comprise mostly of really young university students but I guess that was an incorrect assumption.

So for a girl in her late twenties who wants to reside in a safe neighborhood with easy access to the airport and her place of work (S 4th Street), and preferrably easy access to public transportation, most of you would recommend living in downtown itself or University City correct? I'll be arriving in St. Louis in a little over a month to do some apartment hunting so I'm trying to stick to 1 or 2 areas because I will only be in St. louis about 10 days before my first day of work.

I really appreciate all your assistance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM

12,062 posts, read 17,833,573 times
I would also highly suggest adding the Central West End to that list... only a mile or so from U City anyway.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:06 PM

4 posts, read 23 times
Yep, and again, don't forget Dogtown (city neighborhood). You can also look at Richmond Heights (inner-ring suburb) and Maplewood (inner-ring suburb). These 3 + U. City + Central West End are all in the same general area. This "someone" in the St. Louis office who told you about Maryland Heights sounds like your typical suburbanite (sorry suburbanites ) who looks at the city as a place to find a job. I looked at the city when coming here as a place to live, love, and work. If there was no city, there would be no suburbs. Unfortunately the push west (west county) just keeps getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis