Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 01:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,740 times

Advertisements

There is a difference between places similar to St. Louis, and, what the original poster is specifically seeking. In my previous post, I recommended based on the specifics asked for, not based on anything to do with St. Louis.

If the original poster wants something closer to a St. Louis feel, my answer would be Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 04:15 PM

42 posts, read 47,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
The fact that you say the far southwest/barely in St. Louis city limits are the "best it gets" shows that we really, really evaluate neighborhoods in totally different ways... Are these your favorite STL hoods?
Lol no i hate the southwest portion of st. Louis. I like the north side. But as far as comparable to Richmond its just not. Richmond is completely different in style and how its run. There is a few similarities but since we view neighborhoods different then what would you say ? P.s. if your having to pinpoint which neighborhoods in St Louis are good lol there's a problem.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:53 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,069,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick314313 View Post
Lol no i hate the southwest portion of st. Louis. I like the north side. But as far as comparable to Richmond its just not. Richmond is completely different in style and how its run. There is a few similarities but since we view neighborhoods different then what would you say ? P.s. if your having to pinpoint which neighborhoods in St Louis are good lol there's a problem.
Right, because Richmond has no bad neighborhoods. Literally every city in the U.S. has bad and good neighborhoods.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:28 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick314313 View Post
You seem to be having trouble focusing and making an argument... You said Richmond had better neighborhoods, I asked why you felt this way and in your reply you stated the far southwest hoods were the "best it gets" for St. Louis and Richmond has better options.... I completely disagreed with your thought that the SW hoods are the best in STL and asked if these were seriously your favorite. Now you say you hate the southwest hoods and like the northside, ok... So for your P.S., I haven't pinpointed any neighborhoods, you did; furthermore, people can pinpoint their favorite neighborhoods in any city, that's not a problem, nor does it mean those neighborhoods are the only good ones. If I just listed neighborhoods I liked in St. Louis the list would be quite long, sounds pretty good to me.

P.S. for you. Every time you say "lol" I have the feeling I'm talking to a 14 yr old... or a really behind the times recent high school student... I see you started yet another STL centric murder thread, how many is that in the last week or two?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis