Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 AM

515 posts, read 1,557,995 times

Advertisements

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! I have a feeling I know what we'll be having fairly soon...

~D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:54 AM

321 posts, read 1,003,851 times
I'll beat Fishtacos to it this time and recommend La Pizza on Delmar just east of Old Bonhomme. They also make New York style pizza and theirs is excellent. There isn't much room to sit down there, but the folks there are very friendly and the food is very fresh tasting (fantastic crust). We actually just went to Pi and that was very good for deep dish, and they have a nice, stylish dining area. Racanelli's pizza is similar to La Pizza's and very good too, but for some reason the pizza at La Pizza seems to have that little something more to it. It's hard to explain without just taking a bite of a slice. Drats, now you've made me hungry for some good pizza!

Old 05-08-2009, 09:57 AM

132 posts, read 389,633 times
A friend was just telling me about a newer place called The Good Pie that she loved. They are known for their "authentic neapolitan pizza." My friend describes it as thin but chewy crust supposedly baked in a brick oven imported from Italy. The address is 3137 Olive Street (near Compton in the city). Menu in online: the good pie :: pizzeria napoletana

Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 6,158 times
Definitely try Ponticello's in Spanish Lake. It has been there for years for a reason!!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 AM

515 posts, read 1,557,995 times
Mmmmmmm...

My daughter went to Racanelli's, but she had a calzone, so she couldn't attest to the pizza.

I'm all about the thick crust, but DH is more of a sauce guy. Yup, I think we'll be making the pizza rounds very soon! Thanks, all!

~D

Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 PM

70 posts, read 229,097 times
Here's another vote for Pi. It's perhaps pricier than some of the other places mentioned (though I have not been to all of them) but worth the price.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,737 times
You know Obama chose St. Louis pizza, twice. Anyway, Blackthorn Pub in the southside has great pizza, and Cecil Whitakers is very good, until the one in my neighborhood closed

Old 05-08-2009, 02:24 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
You know Obama chose St. Louis pizza, twice. Anyway, Blackthorn Pub in the southside has great pizza, and Cecil Whitakers is very good, until the one in my neighborhood closed
Cecil Whitakers is alright, but it's prettymuch just like IMO's. I do like their $5 Thursdays though ...

I just can't say enough about the 3 I mentioned above. With the three different styles they offer, I am set. I did forget to mention Cicero's in the loop. They are really good too. Not on the level of Dewey's, Pi, or Ferrero's Jersey ... but good.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,721,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Blackthorn has great pizza, but always make sure and call in your order ahead of time. The place is so popular it can take two hours to get your pizza.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 PM

91 posts, read 165,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Cecil Whitakers is alright, but it's prettymuch just like IMO's. I do like their $5 Thursdays though ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post

I just can't say enough about the 3 I mentioned above. With the three different styles they offer, I am set. I did forget to mention Cicero's in the loop. They are really good too. Not on the level of Dewey's, Pi, or Ferrero's Jersey ... but good.

Cicero's is awesome. Best pizza in St. Louis, great price, great service and over 100 different beers to choose from. I always pop in when I'm back visiting. Now if they could just ban the smoking!

There is a reason Imo's, Cecil Whittakers, Elicia's etc. have these "$5.00 Specials" - their pizza was, is and shall always be pure ****e.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis