U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 09:41 PM

3,832 posts, read 6,453,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
There are plenty of nice newer and safe cookie cutter subdivisions, but not many established neighborhoods. I think Timberwood Trails (Mason Ridge Dr) in Cottleville is really nice.
Timberwood Trails is where all the ex-wives in St. Charles County live getting alimony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 02:07 PM

28 posts, read 13,713 times
I never thought I'd make the leap either, but you know. Life happens!

Within a 10-mile radius of Progress West, I wouldn't say there are any truly "bad" areas. I would LOVE to see you find something in Weldon Spring Heights but that's very slim pickings. It's like a time capsule subdivision! I know you would appreciate it.

There are certainly some older, cheaper areas in O'Fallon, St Peters and city of St. Charles that are a bit rundown and have more renters than owners. But for the most part, they are the exception.

My favorite thing about St Charles so far is the excellent library system and all the lovely parks & trails. And yes, there are MANY cookie cutter houses but also some neat pockets of unique homes too

Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 PM

1,542 posts, read 609,008 times
Lake St Louis is a very desirable, safe area. Depending on your price range you might have trouble finding a suitable house there.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:30 AM

139 posts, read 74,378 times
If you like Florissant, you may actually be satisfied with the northern parts of O'Fallon and the downtown St. Charles area. Both have some nice older tree-lined streets and are more walkable than the newer developments around 64/40. If you like new housing, though, you'll have infinite options around Progress West where your husband could ride his bike to work. It's a little "sprawl-ish," but you're still close to a lot of amenities, including golf courses, a YMCA, restaurants, parks, and you have great shopping just a few miles down the highway in Chesterfield Valley. I would also recommend Weldon Spring. It has some very large houses on large lots. It looks like West STL County. It's within ten miles of the hospital, plus Weldon Spring goes right down to the Katy Trail, which is a great biking path along the Missouri River.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:05 PM

18 posts, read 6,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
From a totally outside perspective (I live in central STL county)...the areas closer to I-64 and south of I-70. Anything close to his work should be nice honestly. We have friends in Winghaven and Whitmoor and they love it. I'm not the biggest fan of St. Charles county, but I am a huge fan of shorter commute times, so it makes perfect sense to make that move
As a teenager, my mother lived in Winghaven. It's a beautifully kept area with kind people. It seems like a very expensive suburb and everything nearby was clean and high class.

Sorry if I didn't explain that the best way, it's hard to describe an area, haha.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:12 AM

7 posts, read 2,397 times
Park Charles South is a decent subdivision. I lived there from 1997-2012 and attended Fairmont Elementary Gr. 3-5. Louis C. Saeger Middle School is in Cottleville, as is its neighbor Francis Howell Central HS.

When I left Park Charles to return to the NE I saw the subdivision change demographics. A lot of families, young ones at that were moving in. The only areas I'd watch out for in PCS are the apartments and condos along Park Charles Blvd South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or