U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-04-2017, 09:39 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
7,303 posts, read 5,976,952 times
Reputation: 4350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Both parties have failed the black community, although Republicans are obviously 10x worse. And yes, blacks are more likely to end up in prison due to our racist laws.

I mean, arguing out this whole line of thought is probably beyond the scope of this forum, but here's some links for anyone who actually cares.

Police brutality and race article with lots of links to studies and the like
Death penalty - no deterrent effect
Study - black men face discrimination in hiring
Study - ligher skinned black people received lesser jail sentences
Innocents convicted: an empirically justified factual wrongful conviction rate | Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
Black fathers are at least as involved with their children's lives as white fathers
Al Sharpton and other black leaders march to protest black-on-black crime.
How is murder a racist law?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2017, 07:21 PM
 
3,711 posts, read 2,681,808 times
Reputation: 2952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
What specific laws are you claiming that are racist? How do you come to the conclusion that republicans are 10x more at fault when democrats have controlled Congress much more over the years? Wasn't it Clinton that was really tough on crime and drugs? Didn't the liberal state of California institute the 3 strikes and you're out law?
Point of fact: California enacted 3 strikes with a Republican governor, and Liberal California Voters forced reform via ballot initiative a few years ago. But yes, Clinton definitely deserves some blame for going along with the Republican congress on crime crap. Nevertheless, what rock would you live under to have any notion that Republicans are the ones pushing back against Democrats for being too tough on crime? I'm not going to claim that every Democrat is a perfect angel, but almost every politician who gives a hoot about black people is a Democrat, and more recently the Democrats are beginning to be more vocal about eschewing conservative Third Way politics and embracing human rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
How is murder a racist law?
"Murder" isn't a racist law, but the way it is sentenced can be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2017, 08:43 PM
 
1,400 posts, read 690,699 times
Reputation: 812
Quote:
Point of fact: California enacted 3 strikes with a Republican governor, and Liberal California Voters forced reform via ballot initiative a few years ago.
"Californian republican" is oxymoronic.


Quote:
But yes, Clinton definitely deserves some blame for going along with the Republican congress on crime crap.
Going along? More like leading the pack.




You claim that our laws are racist, but you did not provide any specific examples. Regardless, according to science, there is no such thing as race.

There Is No Such Thing as Race

How can a law be racist if race does not exist? Are you arguing that blacks are genetically more prone to committing certain crimes? If that is your argument, then you are at odds with science.


Also, the majority of blacks live in urban areas, which are under local democratic control. How can you blame republicans when blacks are primarily arrested for crimes in the city? Democrats control those city governments, not republicans. The rural white voter in Imperial, MO can't be blamed when a black male is arrested in STL City by local law enforcement officers, and later sentenced by an STL County judge. How is it the fault of republicans that the criminal justice systems in metropolitan areas (largely dominated by democrats) are according to you, racist?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2017, 05:39 PM
 
1,722 posts, read 1,188,511 times
Reputation: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
"Californian republican" is oxymoronic.




Going along? More like leading the pack.




You claim that our laws are racist, but you did not provide any specific examples. Regardless, according to science, there is no such thing as race.

There Is No Such Thing as Race

How can a law be racist if race does not exist? Are you arguing that blacks are genetically more prone to committing certain crimes? If that is your argument, then you are at odds with science.


Also, the majority of blacks live in urban areas, which are under local democratic control. How can you blame republicans when blacks are primarily arrested for crimes in the city? Democrats control those city governments, not republicans. The rural white voter in Imperial, MO can't be blamed when a black male is arrested in STL City by local law enforcement officers, and later sentenced by an STL County judge. How is it the fault of republicans that the criminal justice systems in metropolitan areas (largely dominated by democrats) are according to you, racist?
California republicans are NOT the same type of Republicans you will find in Missouri. They would be more like a moderate democrat at best in Missouri.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM
 
208 posts, read 205,752 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
They're actually all the same issue (racial discrimination).
Blacks in the US are actually the most accommodated group of people in the world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2017, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Paris
1,739 posts, read 2,248,252 times
Reputation: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCitySam View Post
Blacks in the US are actually the most accommodated group of people in the world.
...source?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2017, 05:41 PM
 
208 posts, read 205,752 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
...source?
Do you mean examples?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2017, 06:44 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, MO
4,009 posts, read 6,018,111 times
Reputation: 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCitySam View Post
Do you mean examples?
I think he means back this statement up with legitimate studies and facts. (Not just opinions or alternative facts).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2017, 07:11 PM
 
58,140 posts, read 50,635,357 times
Reputation: 17788
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
It's part of history though and a part of Missouri history as well. Upwards of 60,000 Missourians served in the Confederate army and the Missouri State Guard before it morphed with the regular Confederate army.

Why is it okay to have American flags fly at union cemeteries but not the Confederate ones then? Then at the state historic sights remove the American Flags too and just fly the Missouri state flag then. That way make it equal to both sides then. If it's state funded, just fly the MO state flag then.
Why is it not okay to have Confederate flags fly? Because Confederates are traitors. Period.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2017, 07:12 PM
 
208 posts, read 205,752 times
Reputation: 250
Are actual examples not acceptable?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top