Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 07:18 PM

18 posts, read 18,285 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!

I'm a St. Louis Native but for the past 2 years, I lived in Montana. I love the rural feeling of small towns, I love the smell of horse/cow/farm animal **** and I love being around farms.

I recently started a construction job with the labor union in St. Charles and right now, I have an hour and a half commute each way to and from work. I'm not willing to do that, because it just means my already rigorous 40 hour a week job is now a 55 hour a week job. What I plan on doing is moving to a rural/smaller town within 40 minutes of the suburbs (Chesterfield, Creve Couer, ETC.).

But I need your help to find a town that fits that sort of criteria...

I would like it to be surrounded by farmlands.
I would like it to be a smaller town, under 10,000 people, the smaller the better though.
There must be rentals there because without rentals, I sure as hell can't live there.

My income is around $50,000 a year, and my rental history is clean.

Thank you so much for your help guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 10:26 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,826,158 times
I'm not sure what the rental market is like, but within 40 minutes of Creve Coeur, places that may fit the bill are:

Barnhart
Pevely
High Ridge
Byrnes Mill
House Springs
Labadie
Grey Summit
Cedar Hill
Defiance
New Melle
St. Paul
Old Monroe
Winfield

Of course, traffic conditions may affect the commute time, but if you start looking in those directions, hopefully you'll find something suitable

Good luck!

Old 08-20-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I'm not sure what the rental market is like, but within 40 minutes of Creve Coeur, places that may fit the bill are:

Barnhart
Pevely
High Ridge
Byrnes Mill
House Springs
Labadie
Grey Summit
Cedar Hill
Defiance
New Melle
St. Paul
Old Monroe
Winfield

Of course, traffic conditions may affect the commute time, but if you start looking in those directions, hopefully you'll find something suitable

Good luck!
I definitely looked into Gray Summit (Need to do more research on rentals there), Defiance (Wayyy too expensive), New Melle (This is the ideal place, along with Portage Des Sioux but neither have any rentals that I could find...if anyone knows if either of those places have a newsletter/classifieds, please let me know!

I'll start looking into the other places!

Old 08-20-2017, 07:03 PM

1,112 posts, read 871,931 times
Contact a realtor....
Mae

Old 08-20-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
Contact a realtor....
Mae
Never heard of a realtor for rentals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis