U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 PM

7,296 posts, read 5,940,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akastl View Post
Thanks. Very helpful!
St. Louis County is your oyster. Chesterfield and Wildwood would be great, Ladue has been suggested, consider also Town & Country and Frontenac. Parts of Ballwin and Ellisville might work.

Focus on schools: Ladue, Parkway, parts of Wildwood, Clayton, many other good options but those seem to fit what you seem to be looking for (at least to me).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 09:05 PM

27,964 posts, read 18,337,026 times
Wildwood for the exurban lifestyle, and very good schools. Depending on where you move and where you will be working, I 44 will get you downtown.

Chesterfield for really nice subdivisions and also very good schools. Some parts of Chesterfield are more rural. Commute to downtown via I 67 is fairly easy.

For walkability, more diversity and the feel of a community, Kirkwood. It is closer in, and commute via I 44 should work. Kirkwood has good schools as well.

If I were to move back to STL I would choose Kirkwood.

If you go rural in Wildwood or Chesterfield, you will likely have to deal with wells and septic, and you had better be sure of your internet.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:49 AM

3 posts, read 1,080 times
You won’t see brown people unless you live on Manchester but that area is highly overcrowded. Farther down on Manchester is wildwood but that’s where the big houses are. There are brown people elsewhere but you don’t see them in general as the communities are predominantly white.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:04 AM

7,296 posts, read 5,940,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
These aren't Chesterfield or Wildwood - but they're pretty awesome homes in Ladue! Hard to beat the schools, and would be an easier commute to downtown or the airport for flights to Chicago.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...t/13_zm/0_mmm/

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...t/13_zm/0_mmm/
I guess those are based on recent sales, but I wonder if those zestimates are a good reflection of what the market price for those homes would be today. Looks a little low but maybe it is accurate. I'm pretty sure that first house would go for more than that in Kirkwood, much less Ladue.

Last edited by MUTGR; 04-22-2019 at 10:16 AM..

Old 04-26-2019, 10:49 PM

4,977 posts, read 2,050,441 times
Rockwood and Marquette school districts should be given a thought for your needs. Lots of intelligent students coming from IT techie Indian families. Schools have good ratings and competition to ace is challenging.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:50 PM

3,385 posts, read 7,614,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I guess those are based on recent sales, but I wonder if those zestimates are a good reflection of what the market price for those homes would be today. Looks a little low but maybe it is accurate. I'm pretty sure that first house would go for more than that in Kirkwood, much less Ladue.
Dunno, but they were listed below their current Zestimates...according to price history, this one was listed for 925,000 in 2012...but the price had been lowered to 625,000 in 2018. So, dunno...would seem like a good opportunity to get in one of St. Louis' most premier markets.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:41 AM

3,092 posts, read 3,314,830 times
This is the second thread I have looked at in the last few minutes because I received email notices that there were responses to the last post. But when I come here the responses are not here. One on this particular thread and one on the corridor development thread. That last one, if I recall correctly, was from Darren Wilson. Did anyone else get it?

P. S. The post by Darren Wilson was said to be in "Wildwood or Chesterfield", not Next Door. It is not in mine. I beging to think I need a whole new setup. :-(

Last edited by Hazel W; 05-01-2019 at 10:00 AM..

Old 05-01-2019, 04:21 PM

1,665 posts, read 803,259 times
Troll posts. Sometimes the trolls are removed quickly.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:09 PM

3,092 posts, read 3,314,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Troll posts. Sometimes the trolls are removed quickly.

Hmmm. Interesting considering what he posted. But, OK. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis