U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 912 times

Advertisements

My wife (originally from South STL City, certainly a diamond in the rough) has a job offer to return to her precious hometown (actually Clayton) with a pay increase. I’m pulling in $130k/year in Austin, we have a Texas quality of life (low crime and swift resolution of such transgressors).
We will make more money if we move to STL but she’s obsessed with Valley Park - OMG that landfill is overwhelming and the residents of the neighborhoods we perused were mean and nasty (I’m sure because of our Texas plate).
Is Clayton the safest area for transplants that gross > $190K US and don’t want to deal with urban issues?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 09:43 PM

858 posts, read 367,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasProud79 View Post
My wife (originally from South STL City, certainly a diamond in the rough) has a job offer to return to her precious hometown (actually Clayton) with a pay increase. I’m pulling in $130k/year in Austin, we have a Texas quality of life (low crime and swift resolution of such transgressors).
We will make more money if we move to STL but she’s obsessed with Valley Park - OMG that landfill is overwhelming and the residents of the neighborhoods we perused were mean and nasty (I’m sure because of our Texas plate).
Is Clayton the safest area for transplants that gross > $190K US and don’t want to deal with urban issues?

Nope, go to Pasadena Park young man!

Old 08-17-2018, 12:58 AM

7,352 posts, read 6,486,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasProud79 View Post
Sure. That will go far in Clayton.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:46 AM

1,088 posts, read 1,706,135 times
Clayton on west through Chesterfield (along Hwy 40/I64) would be good.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:16 AM

42 posts, read 42,438 times
Not sure why your wife has connected so strongly with Valley Park, but you should definitely research flooding history in that area and verify the flood plain status of any house you consider. There are many other communities you could likely afford that do not have issues with flooding.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:24 AM

451 posts, read 297,961 times
Your post is trolling and gross.

Stay in the land of steers and drought.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:11 PM

3,320 posts, read 3,783,370 times
I have a friend in Austin. From the things she tells me, I'll take Valley Park. I have been to Valley Park. It is a lovely place. Clayton is a nice city but, believe me, as county seat, it is a city! Busy, hurry-scurry and expensive. But maybe you can afford it. You'll have to figure that out. In its favor, I have read that it is the safest city in the county for pedestrians. I cannot confirm that. Ask the police. They'll know.

As for whether you would like Clayton or Valley Park, they do say: Wherever you go, there you are.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:45 AM

435 posts, read 156,397 times
First, no one in Valley Park would give two craps if you were from Texas, nor would they treat you badly because of it.

Second, Clayton is nice, but it is annoyingly busy during the week. It is very safe though.

Third, while I would not recommend Pasadena Park given your post, the person who said it was crime ridden has no clue what they are talking about. Pasadena Park is one of the safer municipalities in the county, and probably safer than where the guy who posted negatively about it lives. It is statistically safer than anywhere I have ever lived in St. Louis County. 'North County' for people like the poster above is code for 'has brown people'.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:03 AM

3,320 posts, read 3,783,370 times
Yesterday, I was in a cab and asked the driver what he knew of Valley Park. He said he knew quite a bit about Valley Park and that it definitely is not crime ridden, just a lovely little community some more wealthy and some more poor but not criminals. He thinks the OP has VP confused with another "????? Park". I have forgotten the full name. Some here will know.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:07 AM

4,682 posts, read 3,206,564 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Yesterday, I was in a cab and asked the driver what he knew of Valley Park. He said he knew quite a bit about Valley Park and that it definitely is not crime ridden, just a lovely little community some more wealthy and some more poor but not criminals. He thinks the OP has VP confused with another "????? Park". I have forgotten the full name. Some here will know.
Maybe you're thinking of Vinita Park? But given the OP's landfill reference I assume they're really talking about Valley Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis