Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 AM

105 posts, read 309,501 times

Advertisements

I bought two couches from ashley last year at their anniversary sale, $200.00 each. I am very happy. They have held up great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 AM

2 posts, read 7,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba8 View Post
Bugs sounds like he/she has a grudge. I had great service on my Ashley purchase. Salesperson was awesome. As for the quality it is not the solid wood or anything, but it is great for what I paid for it and it has held up well. If you look at those sites with the complaints they are from other cities than STL area. I would recommend them highly, especially from what I have seen at other stores.
Grudge or not, it's true. They treat the salespeople like crap. They create such a stressful environment it's ridiculous. It COULD be a fun job and a great place to work, but instead you are constantly put under pressure and in fear of losing your job at any moment for any reason. That is why two employees have a class action suit against them now.
They have had 3 pay cuts recently. THREE! And then they announced the best month in the company's history. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillT2008 View Post
Hi everyone,

Please help and advice. I have heard mixed reviews about this company and am moving to the St Louis area and saw some pieces in their showroom that were very enticing. I need to know if you've had any personal experiences yourself or had others who have. I know each store is owned separately, but the one I am speaking of is in the Kirkwood location. Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance. I don't have much in terms of a furniture budget, so I wanted their value, but don't want to have to deal with the nightmare and headaches I have heard from some of their past customers

Sincerely,
-Will
They have a lot of nice furniture and it is a good place to shop.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 12,293 times
Don't listen to Bugs828 who happens to be a disgruntled employee who got fired from the company. Bugs is just trying to get even and it is plainly obvious. Ashley furniture in St. Louis has great customer service and nice products and nice prices. Definitely check it out.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Clearly "ticked off" didn't buy from the St. Louis stores and if so, didn't use any common sense when shopping. Ashley furniture is made all over the world and shipped/assembled in the warehouse in Wisconsin. Ashley prices are so low that it should be obvious it wasn't made in USA. Also, I think there was a lot of misunderstanding. If ordered from one of the St. Louis stores, the context for "special order" is that the store orders it special for the customer after it has been paid for by the customer. That is clearly a misinterpretation because if it was a real special order the prices would be A LOT higher and shipping would take even longer. Where did you buy your furniture?

Old 05-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Last thing, clearly moneymagnet has forgotten that there is a recession going on. In order to avoid firing/laying off employees the company has had to reduce salaries- and that goes for everyone in the company including President, VP, etc. One great business day during President's Day weekend that surpasses all others in volume should be noted. That's excellent. Keep in mind, one great day of business is not going to make up for huge losses the company has had throughout the recession; hence, the paycuts were still necessary. Clearly this employee doesn't understand neither the economics of business nor appreciate the company's attempts at keeping people employed. Oh, and the class action suit has nothing to do with people being fired. It is actually a ridiculous lawsuit from money hungry people trying to get compensated for overtime pay when they were salary employees. That is ridiculous! Lawyers will take any case these days.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:16 PM

364 posts, read 1,568,751 times
I've bought from there before and was pleased.

In fact, I went there to buy again but didn't actually purchase anything. I was going to have to wait 4 weeks for the couch to arrive (wtf??) and after offering to buy the display model, I was told that I couldn't. So I took my $1000 and spent it elsewhere... at a place that delivered the furniture within 72 hours.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygal99 View Post
Clearly "ticked off" didn't buy from the St. Louis stores and if so, didn't use any common sense when shopping. Ashley furniture is made all over the world and shipped/assembled in the warehouse in Wisconsin. Ashley prices are so low that it should be obvious it wasn't made in USA. Also, I think there was a lot of misunderstanding. If ordered from one of the St. Louis stores, the context for "special order" is that the store orders it special for the customer after it has been paid for by the customer. That is clearly a misinterpretation because if it was a real special order the prices would be A LOT higher and shipping would take even longer. Where did you buy your furniture?
I think y'all should know that the case goods are made from "reconstituted" wood product (read; sawdust and glue) and will not hold up over time.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,271 times
Will, Welcome to St. Louis!

I currently work at Ashley Furniture and love it! Great Style, Great Prices.

If any customer has a complaint about the furniture or service received, I would be happy to look into the matter personally.
ntrivundza@afhs-stl.com

Happy Shopping!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 7,602 times
Default Haven't forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygal99 View Post
Last thing, clearly moneymagnet has forgotten that there is a recession going on. In order to avoid firing/laying off employees the company has had to reduce salaries- and that goes for everyone in the company including President, VP, etc. One great business day during President's Day weekend that surpasses all others in volume should be noted. That's excellent. Keep in mind, one great day of business is not going to make up for huge losses the company has had throughout the recession; hence, the paycuts were still necessary. Clearly this employee doesn't understand neither the economics of business nor appreciate the company's attempts at keeping people employed. Oh, and the class action suit has nothing to do with people being fired. It is actually a ridiculous lawsuit from money hungry people trying to get compensated for overtime pay when they were salary employees. That is ridiculous! Lawyers will take any case these days.
Nope, haven't forgotten. I just have never seen a culture as ridiculous at the phillips/ashley culture. And it wasn't President's day, it was several times that they came out with an email about how great business was. The one I'm referring to is the one that mentioned the "BEST MONTH" in the company history. After cutting my pay by $5,000 per year!!!!!
And then finding excuses not to give annual raises which you have to eqrn anyway. They are *******s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis