Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Inbev makes some quality beer and Europeans take beer very seriously.

Just because InBev takes them over doesnt mean they will cut out all the American jobs. Do you think they are just going to bring over workers to replace everyone? Highly unlikely.
From an Associated Press article just days old:

Quote:
There's good reason to worry that InBev will make dramatic changes if the deal goes through, said Juli Niemann, an analyst with Smith Moore & Co. in St. Louis. While Anheuser-Busch has made strides to cut costs in the face of rising ingredient prices, InBev has a reputation for making new operations as lean as possible.
"The way InBev does it, they send in the surgeons and their scalpels are sharp. And they cut and cut," Niemann said. Virtually every administrative job at Anheuser-Busch headquarters could be on the chopping block, she said.
Read the rest of the article here: The Associated Press: St. Louis worries it may lose Anheuser-Busch (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 03:52 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
From an Associated Press article just days old:

Read the rest of the article here: The Associated Press: St. Louis worries it may lose Anheuser-Busch

I've got to admit it would be unfortunate for many people to lose jobs.

But, if InBev were to raise the quality of their beer to the likes of their other brews such as Bass or Stella Artois it could raise sales which would force them to hire more staff.

InBev already has Budweiser and Bud Light listed on their website as beers they offer.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post

InBev already has Budweiser and Bud Light listed on their website as beers they offer.
That's because they distribute them in Europe for AB.

Also, I'm not sure why you think changing the formula for the two best selling beers in the world is a good marketing plan... it's not.

On a smaller scale you can see this with Old Style (Chicago's fave beer) They were bought out, the formula was changed and sales fell.

There are people out there who have been drinking bud light their entire lives. Want to see a funny riot? Change bud light's formula and it'll be like old coke/new coke only with a bunch of drunk people

Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM

938 posts, read 3,506,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
That's because they distribute them in Europe for AB.

Also, I'm not sure why you think changing the formula for the two best selling beers in the world is a good marketing plan... it's not.

On a smaller scale you can see this with Old Style (Chicago's fave beer) They were bought out, the formula was changed and sales fell.

There are people out there who have been drinking bud light their entire lives. Want to see a funny riot? Change bud light's formula and it'll be like old coke/new coke only with a bunch of drunk people
I agree...the beers sell great and have had the same formula for decades, why mess with success? Things like Coke and Budweiser sell great over time with the same formula, and changing it will only hurt sales. I would, however, buy more AB products if they made a good IPA or heffewizen (if they do, I'm not aware of it). But, they'd be left off leaving the formulas of there well-selling beers the same and only introducing new beers.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
I agree...the beers sell great and have had the same formula for decades, why mess with success? Things like Coke and Budweiser sell great over time with the same formula, and changing it will only hurt sales. I would, however, buy more AB products if they made a good IPA or heffewizen (if they do, I'm not aware of it). But, they'd be left off leaving the formulas of there well-selling beers the same and only introducing new beers.

AB has tried to sell things like an IPA and Hefeweizen. They dont put AB on the label, they make it look like some kind of microbrew.

Microbreweries have been gaining a big portion of the market share so AB has been sneaking what looks like microbrews onto the market.

I have bought a couple not knowing it was AB. They were crap and when I read the small print on the back of the label, I realized it was an AB product.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:16 AM

78 posts, read 241,385 times
How about this? Don't drink AB products if you don't like them and stop hoping for AB to be bought out.

I don't like Miller and don't drink it. I'm not wishing for some other company to come in and change Miller so I'll like it. I'm not sure why you would care about the quality of AB if you don't buy their products. I'm quite content to drink the beers I enjoy, which happen to be Budweiser and Busch.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 PM

78 posts, read 241,385 times
STLtoday - InBev launches takeover bid for Anheuser-Busch (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/story/B209E4E0BDD781BF862574650072666A?OpenDocument - broken link)

Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklein49 View Post
How about this? Don't drink AB products if you don't like them and stop hoping for AB to be bought out.

I don't like Miller and don't drink it. I'm not wishing for some other company to come in and change Miller so I'll like it. I'm not sure why you would care about the quality of AB if you don't buy their products. I'm quite content to drink the beers I enjoy, which happen to be Budweiser and Busch.

I dont drink them now.

It's not that I dont like them. There are lots of beers I dont like that I still respect them as brews.

It's that Budweiser uses crap ingredients and has the nerve to sell it to people. That bothers me and many other people that brew and are beer enthusiast.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
STLtoday - InBev launches takeover bid for Anheuser-Busch (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/story/B209E4E0BDD781BF862574650072666A?OpenDocument - broken link)

Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
A few years ago at the headquarters of the company's AmBev wing in Brazil, paper and phone calls were reportedly rationed; the CEO and chief financial officer shared the same desk.
Clearly this is a company concerned about quality

Will this work? Probably not... but everyone go here: Save Budweiser.Com and sign the petition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis