Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
To answer your how did I know she was the one question...I knew it when I saw her when she moved to town her freshman year in HS. I was smitten (really everyone was) but she was a hottie who dated the QB of the football team and ended up a captain of the cheerleaders, got good grades and was raised in church, basically a good kid. I was the partying fool running around getting into fights, drinking and just getting by in school. We got to be friends but that was it, she wouldn’t date me no matter how hard I tried.

Fast forward 6 years to a time when we both happened to be in our little hometown one fateful weekend, I had been living in Dallas and she was in Saint Louis. We ran into each other at the Sonic getting a Coke while cruising the old hometown (pop. 3,795), by then I had cleaned up my act enough that she said come visit some weekend and she would show me STL.

I was there knocking on her door the next day. That was about 25 years ago, we have been married 23 years this past June 15th, it took me a while to convince her I was the one but I eventually won her heart. Marrying my wife was the best move I ever made. I think she feels the same about me most of the time. I will say we have been blessed in many ways and have done and seen things that we could only dream about as kids in small town U.S.A

*sniffle* someone hand me a tissu... errrr,, a beer,,, That was great, just so touching... *sniff*

Actually, that was very .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:59 AM

46 posts, read 120,008 times
I thought it was sweet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: