Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,054,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by storey13 View Post
In order for the blues to make the playoffs, they will have to win 75% of their remaining games, and when they lose, they need to lose in OT or shootout.

Yes congrats to the PeeWee team! This is the equivalent of winning the Little League World Series in my opinion!
Well, tonight is one win in regulation, 3-1 over the Stars... Yes, its going to be tough, BUT there is a chance, small one, but it is there. And, granted there are ~10 teams w/in ~10 points of each other, all fending for the last 4 play-off spots. So, yea, will be tough - but gosh durn it, there IS a chance!!!

Durn proud of those Pee Wee kids [and the parents, etal. that support 'em]. Wish that would get more media support... they deserve that recognition.

Oh, speaking of youngsters, interesting article here about Blues future players: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2684...=headlines_nhl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,569,084 times
Thanks for the update on the Blues, ShadowCaver. Appreciate it. Go Blues!!!!!!! Didn't get to see any of the game tonight. Small power outages now and then. Plus my DH and the news on and I ad to take pup for a few walks.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:03 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,822,034 times
Great game tonight.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 AM

215 posts, read 712,587 times
Holy cow that goal by Oshie was AMAZING!!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Holy cow that goal by Oshie was AMAZING!!
Indeed, to be able to hit that angle, amazing - to see the water bottle raise when he hit that part of the net. Great work by Jackman etal too setting him up and keeping the puck in the zone there. Watched the highlights again last night - we were sure lucky, Dallas had soooooooo many quality shots on goal, not even including the 5 or so hit posts & crossbars they had! Knock on wood, Mason has been playing great.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:46 PM

Bad news - Detroit lost to Nashville [yea, as much as I despise Red Thangs, for standings would rather they beat Preds...] Congrats tho' to Rinne, he's very good goalie.

Good news - Blues won, 3-1 vs. 'Yotes!!! Scary when we go into that durn shell after a lead, but got lucky a few times, and then Andy's pass and back from Walk for the final goal, beautiful...

side note: interesting that Bryzgalov got the 3rd star - played good, but that good? Oh well, we got the W!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM

215 posts, read 712,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post

side note: interesting that Bryzgalov got the 3rd star - played good, but that good? Oh well, we got the W!
The home team media always picks the three stars of the game, so it doesn't surprise me.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
The home team media always picks the three stars of the game, so it doesn't surprise me.
Yea, realize that,,, but still... well, guess maybe it was for his theatrics after trying to poke check the puck that Andy scored... too funny

btw, rumours are floating high about Pronger coming back... I'm slightly on the fence, but overall would say no, as afraid of what the team's chemistry would change, and how much we'd have to give up, short and long term to acquire and possibly keep him. Strong powerful intelligent [mostly,,, at times] d-man, but still... terribly pretty penny both $$$ wise and trading material to give.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,822,034 times
Sounds like Tkachuk is staying put, and so is Pronger.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
Sounds like Tkachuk is staying put, and so is Pronger.
Would hope such is true - but rumours are still quite strong, from supposedly knowledgeable folks that there are high %'s that moves may be made... Walt, IMHO is too much of a positive influence, both on the ice and in the locker room. Have read many reports where other Blue players really do NOT want him traded... mess w/ the chemistry, lose a valuable leader, and good person. Pronger, as said before, brings not that much for the cost I'm afraid. But, JD etal know this much more better than I, so will trust them , and hope for the best. This is first time in MANY years where I've trusted this organization to this extent.

Now, here is a win tonight, hoping that the Detoilets are not too sore from the thubbing from the Preds the other night. Which is not good for our standings though... But, moving forward, should be, hopefully, a great game. Will definately be a sign of where this club is today, if they play up to snuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis