Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 7,530 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else ever had any issues with the Department Store security guards better known as the Bella Villa Police. Chief Locke better known as Boss Hog and his demented band of thieves continue to ruin a wonderful place to live except for them. They treat citizens and visitors alike with trumped up charges, belittling comments, unwarranted strip searches, and just plain harrassement. Yet Mayor Bill Taylor and his court refuses to corral this bunch, must be the revenue they bring in and they look away from the many suits that result. Seems a mayor should want his community to have a positive image not one of corruptness. Anyway, how many out there have had issues with these bozo's ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 AM

272 posts, read 782,859 times
These guys are second only to St. George when it comes to hassling law-abiding citizens. It's been that way for over 30 years. The only solution is for BV and STG to have their police forces dismantled and their duties taken over by St. Louis County PD. That won't happen because BV and STG residents pay lower property taxes thanks to the revenue their cops earn by shaking down drivers with their speed traps.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:56 AM

287 posts, read 1,082,862 times
I don't know anything about it, but chiming in to say I was intrigued/entertained by your post. Especially "unwarranted strip searches" Yikes! ;-)

Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 7,227 times
I'm 38 years old and have never had a ticket in my life, until this evening in lovely Bella Villa. I had a brake light out and didn't know it and the jerk issued me a $67.00 ticket. Then he told me he could take my license away until I paid the ticket, but he'd be nice and let me have it back.

I've been driving on Bayless twice a day for 11 years and I always paid extra attention to my speed (I drive 32 in a 35) and always made sure to drive perfectly and this is what I got. These guys are jerks and I feel bad for anyone who isn't familiar with the Bella Villa Police department and their underhanded tactics.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 7,186 times
THNDERUS, I am insulted by your remarks about department store security. I happen to be an Asset Protection Officer for a major department store and feel that you do not understand what is entailed in my day to day operations and that you might have a different opinion of what we do if I could give you a taste. I am not mall security. I am a store employee. I am not a COP, although I do have the right to detain for questioning, search a person and their belongings, give chase, and arrest an individual if they have stolen store merchandise or property. I take my job seriously and spend many hours observing shoppers in a dark office and out on the floor. We also are responsible for things such as high dollar items, lost children, credit card fraud, and store evacuations. This is all to keep the shoppers safe and the prices low. My nationwide team saves our company millions of dollars a year.(which is more money than BV has ever seen)There are months of training involved before we are allowed to operate alone, and then we are responsible for our professionalism and how we handle situations. Sometimes I will walk up to a shoplifter and just show them my handcuffs. They will drop the merch and run, never to return to my store. They don't go to jail and I don't have the paperwork and I am sure they learned a lesson.
Now that I have filled you in a little, I understand that the *police* in BV can be quite unscrupulous at times therefore I beg you to not list me, my coworkers, or my career in the same category. I would prefer that you find another career to relate to them while bashing.... I was thinking mall security, unfortunately many of them that I have worked with, although not the brightest individuals (sorry guys) also take their jobs very seriously and have the utmost respect for the public even in the most difficult of situations. From my own experiences, I guess I can't think of a single honest job to relate to the BV*PD*. No hard feelings here buddy, good day and carry on.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,137 times
WTG Thnderus! Here is my experience with the Mall Cops of Brutta Villa. Coming home from my sister's house around midnight or so, I was driving down Bayless in the right hand lane. I noticed one of Brutta Villa's finest parked at the curb with no lights on (when you drive that area you have to be on the lookout for them). At the same time a car passed me on the left (speed limit is 35 and I was going maybe 30) and all of a sudden this cop pulled out right in front of me, no lights at all, not even headlights!! I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting him. (What fun that would have been!!!) Of course it would have been my fault, him pulling out in front of me with no lights or warning. He didn't put on ANY of his lights until he was well out onto Bayless. I ask you this, if I pulled a stunt like this, what would happen to me? All of this just to give some poor schlub a ticket for going a few miles over the speed limit. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticken to it.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 7,074 times
Thumbs down Keystone cops

I live in Bella Villa. One of the cops now works for Cricket! Anyone been ticketed at the Stop Sign at Avenue C? I got a ticket for not stopping there when I did stop, there were kids getting off the bus right then for goodness sakes. And the police station is about 1/2 block away. I don't know where the Keystone Bella Villa cop came from but 4 blocks later he stops me. I told him I stopped at the sign. He stands there rubbing my car and laughing at me. I told him again I stopped there were kids there and he just laughed again while running his hand on my car. He took my license. They are jerks!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 6,878 times
Default Bvpd

OK I LIVE IN BELLA VILLA AND THOSE BARNEY FIFE COP'S ARE JUST
UN-REAL . JUST THE OTHER DAY I WAS ON BAYLESS AT LIKE 12:15 IN THE AFTERNOON , I STOP TO ASK ONE OF THE GREAT BVPD OFFICER,S A ??????????? AND THIS JERK IS PAST OUT COLD IN HIS CAR,,,,, NOW MIND YOU THIS IS THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY AND THIS COP IS PARK ON BAYLESS AT DALLAS CT HEAD HUNG OUT THE WINDOW SOUND ASLEEP ,,, NOW THATS WHAT I CALL AN AWSOME POLICE FORCE ,,, THESE GUY' S THAT WORK THERE COULD'NT FIGHT THERE WAY OUT OF A CLEAR PLASTIC BAG LET ALONE PROTECT THE GOOD POEPLE OF BELLA VILLA ,,, AND THERE CHEIF ED LOCKE JR IS A CON ARTIST ,,,, HE'S POST TO BE WORKING THE STREETS OF BELLA VILLE BUT YET WHILE HE IS ON THE CLOCK AT BVPD HE IS NOT THERE ,,,NOOOOOOOOOOO,,, HE IS IN THE CITY AT A NIGHT CLUB DOING SECURITY ALONG WITH OTHER BVPD THAT ARE POST TO BE IN BELLA VILLE ,,, SO THEY ARE GETTING PAYED AT THIS CLUB AND BY BELLA VILLA BUT YET ,,, THE ARE NOT IN THE CITY LIMITS TO PROTECT US,,,,,, HHHMMMMMMMM SOUNDS KINDA SHADY TO ME ,,,, I THINK ST,LOUIS COUNTY PD NEEDS TO TAKE OVER ,,, AND THEN PUT THAT PRICK OF A CHEIF BEHIND BAR'S ,,,ONE LAST THING IM WAITING FOR THE DAY CHIEF LOCKE TRY'S TO HARRAS ME ON A TRAFFIC STOP,,, IV GOT VIDEO OF MR . LOCKE GETTING SEXUAL FAVORS DONE TO HIM IN HIS POLICE CAR WHILE ON DUTY,,,NOW TELL ME THE PRESS WOULD'NT LOVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,474,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red light View Post
IV GOT VIDEO OF MR . LOCKE GETTING SEXUAL FAVORS DONE TO HIM IN HIS POLICE CAR WHILE ON DUTY
I'm sure that's not true, but if it is you should TOTALLY send it in to the local news organizations. (and put in on YouTube)

Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red light View Post
ok i live in bella villa and those barney fife cop's are just
un-real . Just the other day i was on bayless at like 12:15 in the afternoon , i stop to ask one of the great bvpd officer,s a ??????????? And this jerk is past out cold in his car,,,,, now mind you this is the middle of the day and this cop is park on bayless at dallas ct head hung out the window sound asleep ,,, now thats what i call an awsome police force ,,, these guy' s that work there could'nt fight there way out of a clear plastic bag let alone protect the good poeple of bella villa ,,, and there cheif ed locke jr is a con artist ,,,, he's post to be working the streets of bella ville but yet while he is on the clock at bvpd he is not there ,,,nooooooooooo,,, he is in the city at a night club doing security along with other bvpd that are post to be in bella ville ,,, so they are getting payed at this club and by bella villa but yet ,,, the are not in the city limits to protect us,,,,,, hhhmmmmmmmm sounds kinda shady to me ,,,, i think st,louis county pd needs to take over ,,, and then put that prick of a cheif behind bar's ,,,one last thing im waiting for the day chief locke try's to harras me on a traffic stop,,, iv got video of mr . Locke getting sexual favors done to him in his police car while on duty,,,now tell me the press would'nt love to have a copy of that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
please make this info public!!!! There are a handfull of us who were victimized by this "prick of a chief" who have been screaming for justice while fearing who will be next?
You hold in your hands the proof. They are liars and a danger to anyone they encounter. Please help us and do the world a favor by exposing the trash in bella villa. Then the powers that be will have to look at the truth of what we have been saying instead of siding with his allmighty badge. He is a disgrace to all men and those who wear their badge honorably. Please do the right thing and be the hero for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis