U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 PM

3 posts, read 32,366 times
Default Hotels near metrolink

Which are some of the hotels in or around St Louis where we can catch the train to Union Station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM

5,823 posts, read 11,300,814 times
I believe there's a MetroLink station at Busch Stadium, and Westin is right across the street from the ballpark.

And there's a hotel there in Union Station itself.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 AM

12,062 posts, read 18,408,616 times
Almost any downtown hotel will be an easy walk to a metro station.

You can find a google map with the stops on their Web site: Metro

Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 PM

I did not make myself clear. Which outlying hotels are near a metrolink station so we can travel to the downtown area while staying in the suburbs?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 PM

634 posts, read 1,470,882 times
Well, the Metrolink doesn't really go deep into the suburbs...one line takes you to some of the inner-ring suburbs, like Clayton & Maplewood, while the other goes to the airport. There are several hotels in Clayton, and of course dozens by the airport, but in general, that's about it.

If you're staying in Kirkwood, Chesterfield, and the like....you'd have to drive to a Metrolink stop. This link might be helpful in putting the logistics into perspective: Google Maps

Old 11-04-2008, 07:47 AM

305 posts, read 554,183 times
Besides the choices in Clayton, there is also the Residence Inn in Richmond Heights by the Galleria which is very close to the Metrolink as well as the Knight Center on Wash U's Danforth campus, a close walk to the Big Bend station. In Clayton there are the big hotels like the Crowne Plaza, the Ritz Carlton, and the Clayton Sheraton, and also the smaller Seven Gables Inn.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 AM

Thank you for the information.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 AM

2 posts, read 11,196 times
Default Metrolink near any (cheap) hotels?

Okay, I'd like to revive this thread, hoping there will be some more recent info.

I also am looking for hotels near the metrolink (by "near", I mean within a few blocks, ie, "walking distance").

I also am on a limited budget, so my first choices would be cheap but clean national chains like Super 8, but would consider privately owned inexpensive hotels/motels.

It's okay if I have to ride the train all the way to the end of the line...I'm in no hurry, and I know the more inexpensive places are usually out of the city center.

Also, if anyone happens to know of a map that shows the metrolink AND hotels along the train line, that would be great!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:49 AM

76 posts, read 149,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstafford View Post
Okay, I'd like to revive this thread, hoping there will be some more recent info.

I also am looking for hotels near the metrolink (by "near", I mean within a few blocks, ie, "walking distance").

I also am on a limited budget, so my first choices would be cheap but clean national chains like Super 8, but would consider privately owned inexpensive hotels/motels.

It's okay if I have to ride the train all the way to the end of the line...I'm in no hurry, and I know the more inexpensive places are usually out of the city center.

Also, if anyone happens to know of a map that shows the metrolink AND hotels along the train line, that would be great!
I am not sure about prices, but the new Moonrise Hotel on Delmar is just inside the city limits and walking distance from the Metrolink. It is quite the opposite of your standard motel, but I bet you will find the area much more appealing.

If you are set on staying at a budget motel, there are plenty by the airport, which is where the Metrolink originates.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,659,151 times
There is also a new hotel opened across from the Galleria but would likely not fit your budget. The airport options may be better choices mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis