Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM

3 posts, read 3,308 times

Advertisements

You can go for an interview, go excellent and finish all the steps. Still you here nothing back. Then your records are suppossed to be kept on file for 6 months to a year. When you see the same job again "no record on file". You have all qualifications, mentally competent and proven performance of stability. Great reviews from previous employers. What's going on?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times
Do you spell the word "hear" as "here" in your resume, or speak in incoherent sentences?

- I had to edit the post because I forgot basic capitalization, no job for me -

Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youknow74 View Post
You can go for an interview, go excellent and finish all the steps. Still you here nothing back. Then your records are suppossed to be kept on file for 6 months to a year. When you see the same job again "no record on file". You have all qualifications, mentally competent and proven performance of stability. Great reviews from previous employers. What's going on?

Thank you
How on Earth do you think this is St. Louis specific?

And how do you know it went excellently?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
I went to visit a long time online friend whom I've never met. I flew out there to St Louis from Southern California and I was expecting a lovely time with Midwesterners when the exact opposite happened. My online friend and her family and husband couldn't stop telling me how much they hate California. The funniest thing is, they have never even been to California! yet they had so much hatred for it. I left after being with them for only 4 hours and spent the rest of the days exploring by myself St Louis, and the surrounding areas. i will never be going back after all that rudeness.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
I went to visit a long time online friend whom I've never met. I flew out there to St Louis from Southern California and I was expecting a lovely time with Midwesterners when the exact opposite happened. My online friend and her family and husband couldn't stop telling me how much they hate California. The funniest thing is, they have never even been to California! yet they had so much hatred for it. I left after being with them for only 4 hours and spent the rest of the days exploring by myself St Louis, and the surrounding areas. i will never be going back after all that rudeness.
Yeah, lets malign a whole city because some online friend from STL was rude.
Right.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,079 times
Quote:
I can assure you many midwesterns love California, including myself

Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
...My online friend and her family and husband couldn't stop telling me how much they hate California. The funniest thing is, they have never even been to California! yet they had so much hatred for it. ...
They do that there. Californiweird, Californication. Not so bad in St. Louis itself, but gets crazier and more unreasonable the further you get from the city core.

My Ex-step-father-in-law had this pure hatred for California. Never under stood it - because every time he visited here, he had a great time.

After he passed away, I found out that his hatred came from "dating" a "she-he" prostitute when he was in SF before he shipped out during WW2.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post

After he passed away, I found out that his hatred came from "dating" a "she-he" prostitute when he was in SF before he shipped out during WW2.
BAH! I guess that's a good enough reason for someone in the Greatest generation

Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
BAH! I guess that's a good enough reason for someone in the Greatest generation
You have to cut them some slack...

Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times
slack not needed, if things weren't as advertised, I'd be upset! LOL.

I've never been much of a fan of California. I do like the Northern parts of the state, actually have a bit of a soft spot for SF and envy my friends who are able to ride motorbikes 365 (grrr)...I guess the only spot I've been that I really didn't like was L.A. and Oakland, the rest was ok. I've had great times up and down the rest of the West Coast, Vancouver B.C. all the way to L.A., but as stated, the joy seemed to stop in that town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis