U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 9,218 times
Default Pitbull Friendly Communities

Yes, we are looking to rent a home that will allow us to own a pitbull. We are currently renting and cannot find any apartments or mobile home parks that will allow this type of breed. Does anyone know of a website that assists pitbull owners in finding a place to live in the st. louis, mo area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 PM

81 posts, read 208,862 times
I have a similar dilemna. I have a rottie mix who is a big baby. Thanks to the bad rep our dogs have, the good ones get labeled too! IF you come across anything, PM me if you don't mind, thanks and good luck!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 AM

71 posts, read 188,095 times
Sorry you all are having a hard time finding homes that allow your breed of dog. Personally, I've seen Beagles that are meaner than Pitbulls..LOL. Unfortunately, due to the bad rap of these breeds, most landlords won't accept the liability. I live in a building of condos that are mostly owner occupied and even though they own the place, they are still not allowed to have certain breeds. Everyone is so sue happy these days, it's a shame. I wish you the best in finding the right home!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM

50 posts, read 116,003 times
Did either of you end up finding pit bull-friendly homes? I'm now struggling with the same problem. Trying to find a short-term lease (we sold our house super fast and don't move out of state for another 3 months!). We have a petite and lazy female pit bull who'd show a burglar the jewelry drawer before she considered defending the house.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:15 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,981,126 times
Sorry about your dilemma, my friend had to move out of the city limits in Denver for her dog.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,051,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU_FAN View Post
Sorry you all are having a hard time finding homes that allow your breed of dog. Personally, I've seen Beagles that are meaner than Pitbulls..LOL. Unfortunately, due to the bad rap of these breeds, most landlords won't accept the liability. I live in a building of condos that are mostly owner occupied and even though they own the place, they are still not allowed to have certain breeds. Everyone is so sue happy these days, it's a shame. I wish you the best in finding the right home!

Our Neighbors in Creve Coeur have a Pit Bull - "Thor" - and he's a big, gentle, playful meathead. He's like a big lovable party animal. He absolutely loves our daughter. This breed is naturally very playful and loving and - along with Rotties - gets a VERY bad rep because of irresponsible/dumb@ss owners. The only annoying dog on our block is a loudmouthed 8-pound Yorkie, "Cuddles" (pukes), who tries to start a fight with everything and everybody. It's not even a dog, it resembles a sewer rat...

I'm sure if you call around, you can find an APBT-freindly area. St. Louis is a very dog-friendly community.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 AM

183 posts, read 375,827 times
I would say try to find a house and make sure that the city allows Pit Bulls as well because a lot of cities are starting to ban them.

My wife and I are probably going to be getting a Pit mix this weekend. Get this, it's a Chihuahuah Pit Bull mix. We saw her yesterday and she's really sweet.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 AM

580 posts, read 562,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
I would say try to find a house and make sure that the city allows Pit Bulls as well because a lot of cities are starting to ban them.

My wife and I are probably going to be getting a Pit mix this weekend. Get this, it's a Chihuahuah Pit Bull mix. We saw her yesterday and she's really sweet.
Hope the mom was the pit bull... poor mom if she wasn't.

Post a pic if you get the dog!

inahandbasket

Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
Hope the mom was the pit bull... poor mom if she wasn't.

Post a pic if you get the dog!

inahandbasket
Yeah, the father was the Chihuahua and the mother was the Pit Bull.

I will, they have to do a home visit this weekend and if everything goes well then we get her.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:55 AM

So we got our puppy last night. Like I said, she's a Chihuahua Pit mix.

Here are the pics...

http://www.clsgraphicdesign.com/images/puppy1.jpg (broken link)

http://www.clsgraphicdesign.com/images/puppy2.jpg (broken link)

http://www.clsgraphicdesign.com/images/puppy3.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis