Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM

91 posts, read 165,939 times

Advertisements

[quote=OA 5599;8949928]Did you actually read my post? I take it the answer is no. I've been to Salt Lake twice, most recently for four days in February of this year. I stayed at a hotel downtown, spent a fair amount of time walking around, sampled the local food, and some of what little nightlife there was. Even on a Friday or Saturday night, downtown was empty. The city lacked any kind of vibrancy or soul. Sure, the skiing is amazing, but I'd never live somewhere socially stunted and church-dominated like Salt Lake City.

I wasn't responding to you, Kowalski. I was talking to King Burger Chef. Unless that is your schizophrenic/duality representation.

SLC is alright. My only beef are the liquor laws, but wow - Evanston WY is a short drive away. Park City rules.

This forum cracks me and my girlfriend up here in AZ. I place STL in the upper echelon of the range and still get flamed. Comments about "cactuses" (whatever that is, we have "cacti" here).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Quote:
A tidal wave of votes for Houston confirms that Texas really *is* that big--Space City joins its state brethren, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin in Travel + Leisure's lineup of 30 contestants for the 2009 America's Favorite Cities survey. Also joining last year's list of 25 cities are Kansas City, Cleveland, Providence, and St. Louis. No more domination by coastal powerhouses! The fly-over zone is finally represented.

The 2009 survey opens on June 1. Come back and rank the 30 cities on categories covering everything from the attractiveness of the people to the quality of the food and dining. Let us know how your favorite cites, especially the newest five, stack up this year.
Give us your email and we'll shoot you a reminder to vote in the 2009 America's Favorite Cities survey when it launches:
America's Favorite Cities 2009 | Which 5 Cities Should be Included? | Travel + Leisure

Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 PM

91 posts, read 165,939 times
HOUSTON?!?!? OMG!! What an abberation. Houston, the birthplace of "Air Quality Alerts" and "Urban Sprawl." Hot and humid 9 out of 12 months. Overflowing with crime and WAY more dangerous that St. Louis. Previously a major landfill that got exponentially worse after the Katrina exodus from New Orleans. A town sorely in need of an enema.

Kansas City and St. Louis should not be dumbed down to the same pathetic echelon as Houston, Cleveland, etc.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
STL4eva, you also flamed STL for being fat and out of shape. Well PHX is just as bad. Enjoy...

St. Louis 32nd in nation for fitness - St. Louis Business Journal:

Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,596 times
Default i'm foreva blowing...smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
STL4eva, you also flamed STL for being fat and out of shape. Well PHX is just as bad. Enjoy...

MS. EVA, "me thinks ye doth protest too much!" i'll be visiting family soon in phx. i'll bring your favorite dish to serve you---crow. enjoy! i don't necessarily agree that phx is fat and out of shape, however. really, when you look around, most there are so old, dried out, and preserved they have no places on their bodies in which to store water or fat. happy golfing forEVA! StL and MEMPHIS forEVA!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post

73 posts, and not one in the Phoenix forum.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,596 times
Talking can that spanish fly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL4eva View Post
"Gran ideas a menudo reciben oposición violenta de mentes mediocres."

The Maneater – St. Louis has highest rate of chlaymydia, gonorrhea

no doubt, an episode of Spanish Fly!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Vote for what St. Louis has to offer!
America's Favorite Cities | Travel + Leisure

Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
I voted -- answered all the questions honestly, and gave high marks pretty much all around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis