Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 PM

10 posts, read 29,093 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am trying to make a wise decision for both myself and my Son. I am a single Mom with a 7 year old boy. I bought a home about 5 years ago in Edwardsville, IL and loved it there with the great schools and wholesome environment for raising a child. I also met some wonderful people there of high calibre and nice to do things with.

Only problem was all couples it seemed. I recently rented out my house to a family from WI and moved to St. Charles. While there is more single scene I feel the quality in both schools and overall has gone down.

I lived in the West County area when I was young and had no children but am accustomed to newer homes in the 3-400 range and cannot afford that nice home in west county.

I am considering going back to Edwardsville because my Son loves it there and the schools are bar none! Great people and beautiful surroundings. I just feel like I may be single forever there if I do!

Anyone have any thoughts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:57 PM

53 posts, read 203,510 times
Have you tried the Online meeting agencies? You might indeed find someone like you in that area... you never know, continue dreaming and hoping... it will happen ***

Old 07-14-2009, 04:00 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,718,509 times
Go back to Edwardsville for all the wonderful reasons you cite. It seems it has so much going for it, and I agree with Cutelilli. You never know what's around the corner!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,012,161 times
Where are YOU the happiest? And yes, that means you yourself AND also you as a mom. If looking for dating, think about a man glancing at you: You in St Chuck area, not too happy, kinda bummed... vs. You in E'ville, happier, more positive. Granted, maybe less single atmosphere - but as mentioned above, you could be pleasantly surprised. More activities/groups/organizations/etc. that ya join, more opportunities. Best to ya.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 PM

19 posts, read 43,423 times
it's all in your head, this "single scene" thing. you'll find someone, they'll probably be right under your radar the entire time. i don't think where you stay will have the great of an effect on your success in the dating world. only you know what you truly are looking for so make adjustments accordingly (i.e. avoid the bar scene because that doesn't sound like what you're looking for).

if worse comes to worse and you're at a loss for answers, just move back to Edwardsville, who needs a man when you've got a son in his element and happy, that is true happiness is it not? and who knows maybe the good mojo will keep rolling and one of his friends will get dropped off by a studly single father?

good luck, joe

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM

270 posts, read 652,715 times
Well St. Louis isn't that far from e-ville, if a guy really likes u he would make the drive to meet you over there anyway! Have you tried going to one of those things like speed dating? One of my friends just got married to a guy she met off some dating website. They are pretty happy and she was a single mom too and it was hard for her to get out and meet people cuz of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis