U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Suburban St. Louis
285 posts, read 968,072 times
Reputation: 82

Advertisements

Or live in the metro east in Illinois...after all, it is easily the fastest growing Greater St Louis area. O'Fallon, Fairview Heights, Belleville, Swansea are all nice areas that all sit about 15-20 mins from downtown, or just take the Metrolink train in (pass is $60/month for unlimited riding)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
 
56 posts, read 174,980 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgarc View Post
My husband and I are relocating to STL from Colorado


OMG - you are the second person that I've read that is moving from Colorado to STL today, are you people insane? You're going the wrong direction... anyway... if you must go, go... just one less person I have to compete in I-70 ski traffic with JK. Anyway, I'll be serious for 3 seconds.

You're going to hate the lack of culture in STL, but if you must - You're right on with CWE or look around a bit in Soulard. I hurd South Grand is getting big too. Will STL come around? Only time will tell. Here's to hoping you stay far, far away from "the county"... wahhhhhhhhhhh-wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
 
7 posts, read 23,104 times
Reputation: 10
You should try either kirkwood or webster. They are cute little towns with new construction and remodeled older homes. Tree lined streets and lots of parks for your dogs. They are definitley in your price range and have easy access to 44 so you husband can avoid 40 and get downtown in 20 minutes or less
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
 
1,816 posts, read 5,078,364 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina23 View Post
OMG - you are the second person that I've read that is moving from Colorado to STL today, are you people insane? You're going the wrong direction... anyway... if you must go, go... just one less person I have to compete in I-70 ski traffic with JK. Anyway, I'll be serious for 3 seconds.

You're going to hate the lack of culture in STL, but if you must - You're right on with CWE or look around a bit in Soulard. I hurd South Grand is getting big too. Will STL come around? Only time will tell. Here's to hoping you stay far, far away from "the county"... wahhhhhhhhhhh-wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
You actually think Denver has a ton of culture?....wow. ....not compared to St. Louis. You complain about St. Louis....then discuss suburbia, county life. Interesting post to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
 
1,816 posts, read 5,078,364 times
Reputation: 623
Original poster, CWE and Clayton are two of the priciest, desirable areas in town...many options are more expensive there....they are also older areas. ...if you are looking new construction, look elsewhere further out. If you want older places for less money, need to get someone to do your rehab. If you want it already rehabbed, it will cost you some $....that's how it works. Plenty of finds out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
 
14 posts, read 37,239 times
Reputation: 11
Another suggestion.. South County - Mehlville/Oakville area.. HWY 55 straight downtown
also West County -Chesterfield area( but until 40 is complete , good luck with commute)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 11:46 PM
 
4 posts, read 9,489 times
Reputation: 11
I live in a small town IL my husband works in St. Louis everyday he deals with all the traffic in and out it takes him about 40 minutes to get around to all the different areas he works in but me and the kids are safe and the dogs run free we never lock our door. We have left for vacation for weeks at a time and never locked our doors. I have lived in the city but will take the country life any day. Personally I don't know why anyone would want to live anywhere close to the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
 
1,816 posts, read 5,078,364 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom2407 View Post
I live in a small town IL my husband works in St. Louis everyday he deals with all the traffic in and out it takes him about 40 minutes to get around to all the different areas he works in but me and the kids are safe and the dogs run free we never lock our door. We have left for vacation for weeks at a time and never locked our doors. I have lived in the city but will take the country life any day. Personally I don't know why anyone would want to live anywhere close to the city.
I know many people who live in the city and much prefer it to out in the country, or even the suburbs...and vice versa...different strokes for different folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
 
20 posts, read 140,067 times
Reputation: 14
Come across the river to Southwestern Illinois and you'll find some magnificent homes for your price range plus the commute is much better! Check out the areas of O'Fallon, Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, and Waterloo to name just a few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,586 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
Or live in the metro east in Illinois...after all, it is easily the fastest growing Greater St Louis area. O'Fallon, Fairview Heights, Belleville, Swansea are all nice areas that all sit about 15-20 mins from downtown, or just take the Metrolink train in (pass is $60/month for unlimited riding)

Just stay clear of East St. Louis, Kinloch, Wellston, North City, Brooklyn, Madison, French Village,.....the list is endless The muds are high as kites in those areas and you could get jacked.

On the otherhand the wets are strong in Fairmont, State Park, ....

Did I forget anyone?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top