Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2007, 02:43 PM

10 posts, read 137,210 times

Advertisements

I am originally from Michigan bt currently live here in South Florida due to no jobs in Michigan. Being that I cannot move back to Michigan....I still want to be up North. I am thinking about MO....any infor would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 06:54 PM

6 posts, read 28,122 times
What field are you in? If you ask me, all the jobs seem to be in Florida.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 AM

54 posts, read 397,793 times
Take my advice - stay in FL. I'm from FL, lived there my whole life prior to moving to St. Louis. FL's economy is booming, one of the fastest growing states in the country. Missouri is pretty much backwood bull****. There's definitely more job opportunities in Florida. I've found it somewhat difficult to locate a job in St. Louis, and it's the 2nd biggest city in MO.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 6,121 times
Hi CntryGirl,

I know there's a careerfair being held through Careerbuilder in Mo. on the 29th. If you go to their site there's a link to fairs and there you will find a list who's in attendance at the event. I know Bank of America, Express-scripts and quite a few other majors will be there. The events are definatly a step above any local event and the company's expect quality, typically more passive canidates. Also, CB's the only site that doesn't expact all of your contact info to search the database...That's good for privacy. Check it out. Hope that helps.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:37 PM

29 posts, read 122,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riptoman View Post
Take my advice - stay in FL. I'm from FL, lived there my whole life prior to moving to St. Louis. FL's economy is booming, one of the fastest growing states in the country. Missouri is pretty much backwood bull****. There's definitely more job opportunities in Florida. I've found it somewhat difficult to locate a job in St. Louis, and it's the 2nd biggest city in MO.
I'm planning to move to STL in the next few months...just regarding the job situation. That's why I'm moving closer to the city and still be near my mother, who just became a widow in the couple months. I live in southcentral MO and the jobs here are few and low pay. Currently, we live off my husband's diability and I do some work for my mother to pay for the rent on my house(since she is the owner). Problems in the home are causing me to move myself and my children elsewhere.

My advise is: really look hard and deep on the jobs that are available for you. I have many skills and education in several different areas, but has not helped me here. Not really. I have some drawbacks, but then again others do as well.

God bless your search.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM

33 posts, read 184,374 times
what is the average salary in St. Louis? I know everyone thinks all the jobs are in Florida, but really all the jobs in FL are service jobs...at least in Orlando. If you want to work at a hotel or theme park....you're golden...that is unless you are hoping for a professional job at Disney at the corporate end...much more hard to come by. I'd say the average salary here is $35,000. However, the cost of living does not match that pay range. Unfortunately the salaries here have not gone up with the cost of living in the past 5 years. Cost of living...namely housing has doubled here in the last 5-6 yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: