U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,054,618 times
I used to date ChinaDoll. She was an Assistant Editor for the old St. Louis Globe Democrat.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,333 times
St.Louis is one of the most boring places in USA. Sorry but this city is good for Old People. I agree, home prices is good and you have easy life, but it is so boring.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 AM

183 posts, read 376,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria1974 View Post
St.Louis is one of the most boring places in USA. Sorry but this city is good for Old People. I agree, home prices is good and you have easy life, but it is so boring.
You really made this your first post?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:08 AM

325 posts, read 500,837 times
Sounds like Gloria is really boring and didn't make any effort at all.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,538,409 times
Thee are a lot of things I don't like about this area, but I would never say this area is boring.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM

973 posts, read 936,903 times
people who blame a city for being 'boring' are simply boring people who need their stimulation spoonfed to them. if you spend long enough in the same place...anyplace...it will start to become much more predictable and monotonous. st. louis is a wonderful city. i am originally from philadelphia and i love living in st. louis. every city is what you make it.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,986,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I used to date ChinaDoll. She was an Assistant Editor for the old St. Louis Globe Democrat.
BAAHAAHAAAHAA, word.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:41 PM

124 posts, read 221,817 times
I miss Saint Louis dearly. When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to leave the area, and I was convinced that Minneapolis was calling me. How wrong I was. Now, as a sophomore at the University of Minnesota, I am counting the days til this semester ends and I can go back home. To be sure, I will not be returning here in the fall--I am transferring to Mizzou.

Like any city, St. Louis certainly has its share of flaws, and it's clearly not for everyone, but the positives far outweigh the negatives in my mind. People are among the friendliest in the nation. In my experience, I have found that most people are very approachable, and if you are friendly, they will likely reciprocate. Not the case in Minnesota. People here are generally much more stand-off-ish and do not feel the need to be friendly.

The weather is MUCH warmer than here in Minnesota. Winters in St. Louis are generally gray and depressing, but spring comes relatively early and brings with it such a sense of rejuvenation, like on mornings in April when sunlight is pouring through the blooming trees. Missouri is such a wonderful state endowed with incredible natural beauty, like the Ozark foothills that unfold as 44 snakes out of the city. And the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Not to mention MoDOT has to be the best state highway department, excluding maybe Texas.

Downtown is on the cusp of a major period of gentrification, and homes in the blighted area north of Forest Park are being remodeled. The airport is scheduled to undergo a major revamping as well with a completely redesigned main terminal. Ballpark Village next to the stadium will be great--if development ever starts. This is St. Louis now, and it definitely has not even begun tapping into its full potential. It will be interesting to see what happens throughout the next decade in terms of development. The game is good right now, and the city needs to capitalize on its strengths.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:32 PM

1,622 posts, read 2,049,140 times
The blighted area north of Forest Park?? The area north of Forest Park is full of private, gated streets and massive homes...

Old 02-17-2010, 11:08 PM

124 posts, read 221,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
The blighted area north of Forest Park?? The area north of Forest Park is full of private, gated streets and massive homes...
A hasty conclusion on your part my friend. The immediate five or so private streets north of Forest Park feature some very nice homes to be sure, but as soon as you hit Delmar, it turns ghetto FAST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis