Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:46 PM

5 posts, read 34,863 times

Advertisements

St. Charles County is pretty conservative (Republican). So you might consider looking there.

I know several Realtors in the area that share your conservative Christian values, and would be happy to give you a referral. You can contact me through Kingdom Inspections. (click on MO on the map.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 03:51 PM

238 posts, read 331,999 times
I'm so liberal that I tend to be conservative at times...;-) That said, I'd vote for Oakville for you. You can buy a lot of house, it's pretty conservative and it's safe. As far as the area as a whole, I'd say that we're pretty split along that 60/40 line mentioned elsewhere here. Which is the 60 and which side is the 40, I couldn't tell you...but that probably says something in and of itself, ya think?

Oh, and I happen to be a real estate agent too, so if you would like help finding a place, please feel free to drop me a line. Could make for some pretty interesting conversations when we're out looking! ;-)

Bob

Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
60/40 favoring conservatives? I think you mean the reverse. St. Louis is not a majority conservative city. If that were the case Bush and Blunt would have gotten the majority of votes. St. Louis is definitely more of a blue city I'd argue than a red one. Since I've been alive St. Louis has never favored conservatives by a majority.
St. Louis is conservative. The first poster has it correct. St. Louis county should be considered a part of St. Louis. Much higher population in the county and it is for the most part a conservative place. The city of St. Louis and other pockets are not conservative but the majority of the STL metro area is conservative, and depending on where you are coming from, very conservative in some opinions.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:29 PM

270 posts, read 656,127 times
St. Louis is pretty conservative in my opinion. Especially,in the higher income burbs, those are some of the most radically conservative, religous-right communities I've even been to.

You definitely don't want Florisant for what you want or anything North of Grand & east of Shrewsberry. There are a couple of nice spots in the city limits but not too many. 300-40k gives you a lot of options around here. If you want to spend a little less yet still have a quiet area, might try something south of lemayferry. I think housing is pretty cheap down there.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM

270 posts, read 656,127 times
Almost forgot, Caseyville, IL is definitely a conservative town!!!! Holy Crow you should see their fair. People still ride horses to the post office. LOL.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,395,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
St. Louis is conservative. The first poster has it correct. St. Louis county should be considered a part of St. Louis. Much higher population in the county and it is for the most part a conservative place. The city of St. Louis and other pockets are not conservative but the majority of the STL metro area is conservative, and depending on where you are coming from, very conservative in some opinions.
You're joking, right? If St. Louis is so conservative, why did it vote for John Kerry over George Bush and President Clinton over Bob Dole?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 PM

[quote=sixtwobaldguy;975718]St. Louis is pretty conservative in my opinion. Especially,in the higher income burbs, those are some of the most radically conservative, religous-right communities I've even been to.

The whole St. Louis metro area I've noticed is more liberal than conservative. Those who say St. Louis and its Illinois suburbs are conservative need only look at last election's results to prove otherwise. St. Louis has been a more blue city than a red one as far back as I can remember.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
Almost forgot, Caseyville, IL is definitely a conservative town!!!! Holy Crow you should see their fair. People still ride horses to the post office. LOL.
....please

Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times
Well at the risk of having the moderator having us discuss this in the political forum, I would say that neither Bush nor Dole would ever be mistaken for former Senator Jesse Helms or current Senator Tom Coburn when it comes to conservative ideology.

In 1984, St. Louis County voted for Reagan over Mondale by a margin of about 307,000 to 173,000 (source: The World Almanac). Since then, a lot of conservatives have moved out of St. Louis County to neighboring counties and elsewhere. But the point is, conservatives aren't necessarily Republicans, and especially vice versa. Look at the Republicans, led by Bush, who tried to shove the latest amnesty bill down our throats.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:00 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times
Another point: in 1992, a lot of St. Louis County voters voted for Ross Perot so as to register their disgust with Bush 41's breaking his promise to not raise taxes, and to rebuke Bush 41 for all his "new world order" talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis