Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Imo's Pizza: Your Opinions
Love it! 50 52.63%
Hate it! 26 27.37%
It's okay. 14 14.74%
I've never tried it 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktCakes View Post
The Morganford and Webster locations are owned by the same guy, and when we get Imo's its from one of these locations. We prefer Guido's St. Louis Style on the Hill.

Funny that you would say that as I had Guidos last night and I think they are the tops for St. Louis style pizza. I also really like Mama Campisi's. Really any place on the Hill guarantees amazing pizza of all styles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 03:47 PM

194 posts, read 297,437 times
Imo's Pizza is okay at best if you ask me, it is like a lest tasty version of Monical's Pizza which is popular thoughout central Illinois. Imo's is very expensive for what you get and the food on their menu that isn't pizza is not that great.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,727 times
Imo's has by far the best pepperoni available imho. I love st. louis style. You get more of the good stuff (toppings) and less of the filling stuff (crust). I guess if you don't like St. Louis italian provel you won't like Imo's.

I have many friends from out of state. Most like imos but some do hate it. It's a toss up. (pun intended)

Other fab pizza choices
Racanellis
Pi
Ami's
Dewey's
3 monkeys
Pizza a go go
Feraro's Jersey Style
Onesto
vito's
Joanies
Maurizios
the good pie
Black thorn

Honestly - the best pizza joints seem to be concentrated in the STL city limits. Same for restaurants. And i'm a county guy.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
Imo's has by far the best pepperoni available imho. I love st. louis style. You get more of the good stuff (toppings) and less of the filling stuff (crust). I guess if you don't like St. Louis italian provel you won't like Imo's.

I have many friends from out of state. Most like imos but some do hate it. It's a toss up. (pun intended)

Other fab pizza choices
Racanellis
Pi
Ami's
Dewey's
3 monkeys
Pizza a go go
Feraro's Jersey Style
Onesto
vito's
Joanies
Maurizios
the good pie
Black thorn

Honestly - the best pizza joints seem to be concentrated in the STL city limits. Same for restaurants. And i'm a county guy.
Good list and agree on most. BTW, are you really a county guy when you are, what 1000 feet from the city limits?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:42 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,727 times
^ My roots are in the county, but my heart is in the city. And yes, I am east of Hanley!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:25 PM

89 posts, read 237,512 times
No one has mentioned:

Farotto's Italian Restaurant Pizzeria 9525 Manchester Road Rock Hill, MO (patroned by the honorable Jack Buck in his hey day - Just watch that speed limit or you'll get ticketed!)
Farotto's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria - Home

Joe Boccari's Ristorante (the Eureka, MO location is best; Mr. Joe Boccardi will serve you drinks and food, sometimes chat regulars and you, and chef, too. A man of the world and is a classy gentleman!).
Joe Boccari's Ristorante

Pirrone's Pizza in Florssiant, MO
Pirrones Pizza:: Award Winning St. Louis Style Pizza

I'd consider these three to be among the gourmet St. Louis Style Pizza offerings in the area, though other places are mentioned in this "Imo's Pizza: St. Louis' Inexplicably Addictive Pie" thread.

I also like Imo's, Cecil Whittaker's, and many others mentioned in this thread.

Spokane, WA has no good Pizza, so you folks in St. Louis are truly lucky if you enjoy the St. Louis Style Pizza Pie. How I miss it so. =^*(*** Spokane is a trashkane, stay away.

The standard provel cheese used on St. Louis style pizza is made by the Hoffman Dairy (now owned by Kraft. See the Wikipedia entry on provel here:
Provel cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See the Wikipedia entry on St. Louis-style pizza here:
St. Louis-style pizza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and stay away from Spokane, WA, this place is a real version of the Stepford Wives. Awful, horrible, hideous place and I'm leaving. Also, there's no good pizza. All homegrown pizza here is tasteless overpriced trash. The national chains are maybe better, but I don't like any of those at all.

If dating womyn in St. Louis was not so awful, I'd return. Otherwise, not ever shall I return. Dating womyn in St. Louis never gets passed the questions to discern my socio economic standing of "what high school did you go to?", "where do you live? (Clayton, Kirkwood, Town and County, YEAH! - Affton, Florissant, Fenton, they cut you off and leave you hanging - no matter the dating venue.)

And I miss John D. McGurk's at 12th and Russel in Soulard, if just for the Irish Traditional music.
McGurk's Irish Pub & Garden :: Home

Bitko and his three Volvo 240s.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM

9 posts, read 16,062 times
I love all pizza but Imo's is addictive...

Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 PM

10 posts, read 15,638 times
IMO'S is definitley pretty tasty but can be a bit pricey.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 PM

325 posts, read 851,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitko View Post
If dating womyn in St. Louis was not so awful, I'd return. Otherwise, not ever shall I return. Dating womyn in St. Louis never gets passed the questions to discern my socio economic standing
perhaps you should try dating St. Louis women.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:23 AM

bitko's post made me laugh. The women with a "y" and the rating of socio-economic status describes women all over the country but they do exist in St. Louis for sure. But for the record, I used to live in Affton and never ran into any problems when I was single .

What was this thread about again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis