Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Imo's Pizza: Your Opinions
Love it! 50 52.63%
Hate it! 26 27.37%
It's okay. 14 14.74%
I've never tried it 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,019,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCityGal View Post
I couldn't find an answer on the poll to quite express my feelings! I love Imo's, but only if it's from the location at Hampton & Oakland. For some reason, the other Imo's locations are a let down: less than flavorful toppings and cardboard crust. The Imo's at Hampton & Oakland has delicious toppings and a decent crust. I love their sausage. Plus you can't beat the drive-up window for take-out, or the atmosphere of the dining room: a jukebox and a Ms. Pacman video game that doubles as a table. Actually, it's been a couple years since I've been there, so hopefully it hasn't changed much. And I think Imo's cannelloni is a good comfort food, too.
I've not been to that one yet... only one on the south side of StL [9631 Manchester] and a couple others in the city, plus one in Rolla. The Rolla location, that was my first experience w/ this pizza... and I swore it would be my last - Nothing compared or even still compares to Alex's in Rolla . However - as you stated, there is a wide variety it seems as to the quality and tastefulness of these pizzas [as there is with other franchises / stores too]. With that all said, the one that is on Manchester - that is good, quite good... Their toasted ravioli's are too.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 11-16-2009 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: corrected location...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 PM

71 posts, read 259,832 times
I love STL style pizza, I also love NY style pizza, I just love pizza in general, but I hate Chicago pizza and I rarely use the word hate! (I used to frequent Chicago alot). If I wanted to eat some pizza dough and some tomatoes I would get some free bread sticks from Fazolis and buy a tomato from the farmers market, those two things have way more taste then a chicago pizza.

To me STL and NY style pizza have much more kick to them, Chicago pizza places are fun to go to and the presentation of the pizza is good. I would compare the pizza in Chicago to its baseball team the loveable loosers, they make the huge signings in the offseason, the atmosphere at the game is fun, but when you get down to it there is just no excitement after the initial presentation there......

Old 11-19-2009, 12:00 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,781,302 times
If I need quick pizzas and the price is right, I'll get Imo's. Otherwise, No.

I think my most recent visit a short time ago to the Kirkwood location sealed it for me. Pizza was not good and the price was worse. I've never had luck with other menu items at multiple locations. I get pizza only. Unless it's a super cheap deal, I'll pass.

I'll stick to La Pizza, Onesto, Pi, Good Pie, etc... In Stl...or even the Mapelwood Pantera's.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:18 PM

364 posts, read 1,564,837 times
I like Imo's. I like all pizza though. But Imo's isn't a pie. Chicago style pizza is pie. Something this flat can't be called a pie.

Oh, and Chicago style pizza is so much better than Imo's. And it's not close.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:29 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,909,353 times
I grew up in Chicago. I always liked pizza.

Then I moved to St Louis.

I gained soooo much weight, thanks to an IMO's Pizza addiction (onions, mushroom, ham and extra cheese). I lost it when I moved away, but man... just thinking about it...

Yum, yum, yum

Old 11-21-2009, 12:45 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,261,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I grew up in Chicago. I always liked pizza.

Then I moved to St Louis.

I gained soooo much weight, thanks to an IMO's Pizza addiction (onions, mushroom, ham and extra cheese). I lost it when I moved away, but man... just thinking about it...

Yum, yum, yum

See what great food does to ya!!! I just moved back from the south and I gotta tell you I couldn't get to an Imos and Cecil Whitakers soon enough! We are so spoiled in this area with these great pizzas!!!! Wonder if I should ever move again if they could ship the pizzas???????????

Old 11-21-2009, 09:09 AM

5,888 posts, read 12,948,163 times
I would really hate to taste southern pizza if you think IMOs or Cecil Whitakers is good pizza.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 AM

486 posts, read 1,031,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I'd rather eat the carton it comes in. Imo's is caulking compound smeared on cracker with stale marinara.

Go to Cicero's, Pi, JJ Twigs, A Better Pizza (O'Fallon MO), etc. So many alternatives.
I'd rather eat caulking compound smeared on a cracker with stale marinara than go to O'Fallon.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,019,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I would really hate to taste southern pizza if you think IMOs or Cecil Whitakers is good pizza.
Curious as to which Imo's have you tried? Recall that there is a difference between the different locations... surprisingly so, yet there is such. Then again, different tastes for different folks - makes the world more varied.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:37 AM

5,888 posts, read 12,948,163 times
O'Fallon and Wentzville. My first sampling was once I first moved here (wentzville) - Knowing that I was from NY and loved pizza, it was one of those "If you like NY Pizza, you will love St. Louis Pizza" deals. HORRID!.

The second was with a few friends from NY, NJ, WA, CA and DC at another friend's house. Since we were all new to the area, we told our local friend to order the best Pizza he knew of.

No one ate more than on slice, and there were lots of half chewed slices on paper plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis