U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 AM

5,823 posts, read 11,305,487 times
Default Paul McKee Trial

Star-studded lineup at McKee trial Thursday | Building Blocks | STLtoday (http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/building-blocks/uncategorized/2010/02/star-studded-lineup-at-mckee-trial-thursday/ - broken link)

I don't know all the facts, so it's hard for me to take a stance on this. I am more sympathetic to those against McKee. However, I can see the point of these North Side aldermen. Paul McKee allegedly bought up buildings all over the North Side under various company names, in some cases kicked out residents, and left the buildings to rot. I think maybe he does plan to rehab some of them, but his previous actions don't show that. I don't have much sympathy for Paul McKee. I hope he keeps his promises and rehabs these buildings, but he does not have a reputation for being honest.

This may help explain the issue these alderman and many conservationists have with Paul McKee.
Built St. Louis: The North Side | Blairmont Associates LC

More
WU economist assails NorthSide plan
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/0/81F089E6CCDBDEBC862576CD00102037?OpenDocument (broken link)

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 02-26-2010 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 PM

5 posts, read 12,489 times
Think of it like this. If that same $390 Million were to be put to use to revitalize the area.... Meaning money invested into the existing neighborhood and not into a developers pocket; how much better would the North Side be now????

This McKee guy is a criminal! There is no way historic buildings should be torn down, left to rot like a neglected mobile home in a field. Stabalization, revitalization, organic rehabilitation! House by house; block by block; street by street; neighborhood by neighborhood.

The city of St Louis needs to fully support revitalization and cease the tearing down of buildings.

Paying rich absentee investors who are only concerned with personal gain to care about a city in which they don't live always ends in disaster!!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 PM

5,823 posts, read 11,305,487 times
Eminent domain issue surfaces in NorthSide trial testimony | St. Louis Globe-Democrat (http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2010/mar/03/eminent-domain-issue-surfaces-northside-trial-test/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis