Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,722 times

Advertisements

It was announced yesterday that the headquarters for Wachovia Securities is moving to St. Louis. I am considering the move from Richmond with my husband and three kids. Will I have trouble finding an apartment? We're not selling our homes in Richmond which are both paid for just in case this doesn't work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 09:50 PM

238 posts, read 331,779 times
Hmm, that's interesting. Do you know where they are going to put their offices? Generally speaking, there are an abundance of apartments and homes for rent. You shouldn't have a problem.

If you like, I own a real estate company and would be happy to help you in any way that I can. I realize that you're not going to be buying, but you never know, you guys might like it here?

Referrals are cool too.;-) Feel free to check out my web site and drop me a line if you like. I'll do what I can to help you out.
Bob

Old 06-01-2007, 10:19 PM

740 posts, read 2,013,628 times
I loved St Louis! They have an awesome zoo, cool Science Center... and beautiful botanical gardens.. all free! We lived in St Charles.. The traffic is bad that direction. Probably is from most directions into St Louis. In St Charles... they had year round school for k-8. We actually liked it. It broke up the winter, and the kids didn't have time to get board with their summer. There are some really good subdivisions with loads of kids too. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,389,410 times
Wonder what this means for St. Louis in terms of having a brand new company call them home. Should we expect a new skyscraper downtown? we need another one!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:13 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
Well, Wachovia just bought out A.G. Edwards who has their headquarters in downtown St. Louis and from what I've heard that where they were staying with only about 300 employees in the outer limits....that sounds like a good TV show. Anyway, we have an abundant of apartments here in every area but you would have to be a little clearer as to what you're looking for. Meaning high rent district, middle or lower. Kids or no kids. Good luck and you will love St. Louis.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:51 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jken2000 View Post
It was announced yesterday that the headquarters for Wachovia Securities is moving to St. Louis. I am considering the move from Richmond with my husband and three kids. Will I have trouble finding an apartment? We're not selling our homes in Richmond which are both paid for just in case this doesn't work out.
St. Louis is a great family town. Everything is catered to families. I know of a 30 something couple with 2 young kids who moved to Richmond to be closer to family out East and moved back...beacuse they wanted more of a sense of community.

You could find housing....what are you looking for, etc...lifestyle ...

Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 PM

275 posts, read 1,124,588 times
If you still check this forum jken2000, I'd be interested to hear the general area you moved to for your apartment living. I have a few clients coming into town and they want to check out the area before deciding if they want to live on the MO side of the river or the Illinois side of the river. I'd love to know if you found a good place to accommodate your family while you test the waters. We have some temporary-type housing in Edwardsvillle, but what I'm finding is a lot of people want to start in St. Louis and then explore the suburbs. Do post and let me know what general area you found, if you don't mind! Hope your move went well, and I hope you are enjoying St. Louis and all it has to offer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jken2000 View Post

Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,470 times
Default Moving From Richmond

I am a current AGE employee who has lived in St. Louis for 26 years. (I'm 26). I would be more than happy to talk to you about anything you would like to know about our great city. ryanlubbers1@hotmail.com feel free to contact me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis