Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:56 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,592,016 times

Advertisements

Okay, so you just won the lottery, hooray, right!? But now comes the hard part, relocating (because you absolutely have to). So basically, this is asking where is the one city, zip code, neighborhood, and/or street where you would want to live in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area if you had unlimited money.

Also, another question on top of this is where in the St. Louis area would you live on your current income and earnings.

Pics and stuff are welcomed.
Here's a link to houses for sale just for fun.
Saint Louis real estate & Saint Louis homes for sale | Single family homes,Condos,Townhomes,Co-ops - REALTOR.com®

As for me, it'd be either for now, but jeez, i'd really take any one of those beautiful units in Clayton or Central West End.
8025 Maryland Ave Unit: 16C, Clayton, MO, 63105 - MLS #90003469 - Condo/Townhome/Row Home/Co-Op real estate - REALTOR.com®

16 Portland Plc, St Louis, MO, 63108 - MLS #90028040 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

Saint Louis real estate & Saint Louis homes for sale | Single family homes,Condos,Townhomes,Co-ops - REALTOR.com®

4545 Lindell Unit: 32, St Louis, MO, 63108 - MLS #90039802 - Condo/Townhome/Row Home/Co-Op real estate - REALTOR.com®
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM

124 posts, read 369,042 times
That house on Portland Place looks incredible. For me though, I prefer a bit more space, so I'd go for a large estate in Ladue.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:24 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,822,034 times
Not sure. More house means more to clean, unless you get a maid.

I think I'd prefer a smaller, cheaper place in more of an urban area, even if I could afford a bigger house. I've never cared much for the big house in suburban sprawl. Just browsing real estate sites, you can find some nice houses in St. Louis that have plenty of room (for me anyway) for under $300,000.

I don't have that many friends to entertain anyway.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 AM

165 posts, read 451,283 times
I'd stay right where I am...but I'd finish the work on my house! The remaining lotto winnings would go toward building a nice brick alley house/garage and buying a couple of LRA houses near me to rehab and sell. Maybe I'd buy empty LRA lots and put up some really funky modern houses. And then I'd buy a solid gold urinal and keep goldfish in it, just so people would someday call me that old eccentric rich guy down the street.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:05 AM

168 posts, read 518,089 times
I'd live in Soulard. I probably wouldn't spend that much on a house. I would use the rest of the money to help out friends and pay for trips and the like.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM

787 posts, read 1,413,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Okay, so you just won the lottery, hooray, right!? But now comes the hard part, relocating (because you absolutely have to). So basically, this is asking where is the one city, zip code, neighborhood, and/or street where you would want to live in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area if you had unlimited money.

Also, another question on top of this is where in the St. Louis area would you live on your current income and earnings.

Pics and stuff are welcomed.
Here's a link to houses for sale just for fun.

As for me, it'd be either for now, but jeez, i'd really take any one of those beautiful units in Clayton or Central West End.
8025 Maryland Ave Unit: 16C, Clayton, MO, 63105 - MLS #90003469 - Condo/Townhome/Row Home/Co-Op real estate - REALTOR.com®

16 Portland Plc, St Louis, MO, 63108 - MLS #90028040 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

4545 Lindell Unit: 32, St Louis, MO, 63108 - MLS #90039802 - Condo/Townhome/Row Home/Co-Op real estate - REALTOR.com®
Yay!!!!! What a fun and GREAT question!!!!!!!

I lovelovelove the neighborhoods of Parkview, Ames Place, University Hills and West Portland Place in University City. In STL it's Tower Grove Heights all the way.

Don't know if I can get the links to work but I'll try: Here are two houses in the University City neighborhood of Parkview:

Coldwell Banker Gundaker -- Your site for St. Louis Real Estate

Or this gorgeous English Tudor in University Hills:

In Tower Grove South there's a great house on the short sale list:

So those are some of my dream homes.....

inahandbasket

Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 AM

177 posts, read 312,370 times
If money were no object, I'd move to Hawaii.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:05 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,885,946 times
One of those stately mansions in the CWE and Clayton, within a half mile or so of Forest Park

Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 AM

321 posts, read 1,003,199 times
Even with the lottery winnings, I'd stay where I am too (Richmond Heights) but I would fix the place up a bit more. Our house is already big enough to clean, heat and cool and we do not want more space, although I might expand out the garage (rather tight in these older St. Louis homes.) Once we kick the kids out for good we might move to some condo/townhouse where we no longer have to deal with a yard and external maintenance. Either University City or Clayton sound like a nice "empty nest" destination for us too, but we have already had enough experience fixing and maintaining older houses around St. Louis for a lifetime. If I won the lottery I would let someone else deal with that!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,870,771 times
One of the mansions in Compton Heights or the Central West End. I would probably also get a penthouse downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis