Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 03:01 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times

Advertisements

I don't know. I've been robbed 23 times since living here, been molested 5 or 6 times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 PM

165 posts, read 451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
I don't know. I've been robbed 23 times since living here, been molested 5 or 6 times.
Say what? How is this possible? Do you leave stuff laying around or in your car? Do you flash big money? I'm just curious, because I live in north city and have never been robbed or otherwise victimized. And what do you mean you were molested? I may not get what you mean.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:21 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
He was joking

Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240Redo View Post
Say what? How is this possible? Do you leave stuff laying around or in your car? Do you flash big money? I'm just curious, because I live in north city and have never been robbed or otherwise victimized. And what do you mean you were molested? I may not get what you mean.
I flash that big cash and man I am just too good-looking not to be molested.

... yes, I was joking about crime. Apologize if in bad taste. I get in those internet forum moods sometimes.

Fwiw, have never experienced anything bad anywhere in STL ... and I've been everywhere, except maybe a few parts of NC. Jennings does creep me out a little though.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 AM

165 posts, read 451,622 times
Hoo boy, usually my internet BS detector is pretty keen, but it totally failed me this time. Guess the yolks on me! Embarrassing. Thanks for setting me straight.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:58 AM

325 posts, read 851,116 times
LOL! He forgot to use the sarcasm font.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,686 times
Lots of good replys here! Let me put a plug in here for STL weather. One of things I like most about St. Louis is that we have a lot of sun! I'm originally from the rust belt and was accustomed to a lot of grey days. STL has a great deal more sun, and we're just about to welcome spring. Amazing number of resources to entertain growing kids like your son. The world-class zoo is FREE, Turtle Park is FREE, Art Museum -FREE, and we have the City Museum, which one of the most amazing places for kids of all ages. Definitely check us out. A transplant myself, I'd have a tough time leaving STL. Good luck!!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natcatzy View Post
Lots of good replys here! Let me put a plug in here for STL weather. One of things I like most about St. Louis is that we have a lot of sun! I'm originally from the rust belt and was accustomed to a lot of grey days. STL has a great deal more sun, and we're just about to welcome spring. Amazing number of resources to entertain growing kids like your son. The world-class zoo is FREE, Turtle Park is FREE, Art Museum -FREE, and we have the City Museum, which one of the most amazing places for kids of all ages. Definitely check us out. A transplant myself, I'd have a tough time leaving STL. Good luck!!
A) STL has a good amount of sun, except for DEC-FEB. From my 3 winters here, not much sun at all during those months. Very grey and dreary. Plus, trees are dead from NOV-MAR. But for the 7 months trees are actually in bloom, they are very pretty.

B) Yes, it's hard to leave STL. We'll be doing so very soon after a few years here.

C) Yes, the free stuff you can do is a nice commodity.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 AM

20 posts, read 67,781 times
Weather does not bother me. Closed minded racists and idiots do.

Main problem is that St. Louisians do not recognize the problems they have and instead pretend it's a great city, and when data shows that it's not, then they question the data and its criteria and bash those who criticize this dying racist city.

Just list the number of major companies that LEFT St. Louis, and compare that to the list of companies that MOVED to St. Louis.

I've lived here for 25 years and every year we were told "St. Louis is up and coming, it will be great", but we waited just to see it nose dive.

As I said before, move here ONLY if you have a secured job.
I'm outta here!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,079 times
Dont let the door hit you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis