Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 07:36 PM

4 posts, read 19,132 times

Advertisements

hi,
I am planning on visiting st.louis along with my husband during the long weekend.Apart frm the zoo,forest park & arch,are there any other places of interest in and around st.louis worth visiting?we are planning on going to branson to see the titanic mueseum...pls suggest any more good places that are within a drive of 2 hrs frm st.louis...we are planning to stay for 3 nights..Also we are planning on camping at st.louis west koa campgrounds.Any suggestions/inputs on that.Is it safe to camp there?? I have never done camping b4 so looking forward to a camping trip..Would really appreciate if you could suggest or give your inputs on the trip we have planned..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 01:30 AM

7 posts, read 28,127 times
That's a lot to do in 3 days, but you might like the Missouri Botanical Gardens. They are quite beautiful and I always take guests there. www.mobot.org is their website. Also, check out this website: http://stlouis.about.com/od/attractions/tp/topattractions.htm (broken link) for other attractions.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 19,132 times
hello lunaroth,thanks for the reply..also is it safe camping in st.louis??pls let me know cos after looking at few threads,i m quite worried about the safety thre.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:06 PM

115 posts, read 481,544 times
Check out Missouri Wine Country west of St. Louis. Augusta has a few places, but if you get a chance check out Hermann...a neat little old German town with lots of history, wineries, and restaurants. There is camping areas with showers and toilets in the city park.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
I'd second the above tips and throw in the Science Center which is close to Forest Park.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 PM

238 posts, read 332,075 times
Default All kinds of things to do.

If you like, tell me more about what you guys enjoy and maybe I can shoot you in the right direction. If you've never been to see a broadway play,you should check out the fox theater. It's an amazing building and be it a concert or a show, it's a great experience.

The wineries along Hwy 94 in St. Charles county are neat too and a fun way to spend an afternoon. Just remember to have one of you as a DD.

The Great River Road north of Alton is fun. If you like, you can visit my web page and I have several day trips written about on it. Go to valuelistre.com, click on about the St. Louis area, then click on St. Louis Day trips.

Hope that this helps and feel free to drop me a line with more about you guys and I'll see what else I can come up with.

bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis