Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a Subaru owner, which are you?
Democrat (Liberal/Progressive) 87 43.28%
Republican (Conservative/Libertarian/Tea Party) 54 26.87%
Independent (Non-Partisan) 52 25.87%
Non-Political (Non-Voter) 8 3.98%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times

Advertisements

I would look at one except they have not have the reputation that Honda or Toyota had for reliability. Also, they because of the AWD, their MPG is not as high. Some require premium ( turbos?).

Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Subarus makes a lot of niche cars. Especially people who likes the outdoors that need affordable AWD crossovers. Subaru sells more Outbacks and Foresters than the rest of their lineup. In Japan they sell a lot of Legacy wagons. That's why we only get Outbacks while Japan gets Turbo'ed Legacy Wagons.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Wow.. had a psych eval recently. To get that worked up about an ad on TV you must be a bundle of joy to deal with on a day to day basis.

If it calms your fragile mental state at all the PZEV standard is set by the EPA, not by Subaru, and theres plenty of other manufacturers that tout it in their adverts.

Partial zero-emissions vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And why shouldnt they be proud of being one of the biggest leaders in all of manufacturering in recycling and keeping the "bad stuff" out of soils and our waterways.

Someone should be ashamed as much when it is all fact???
Subaru's Zero-Waste Factory as "Green" as Its Cars

What do you have against clean air and soil and being proud at being a leader in the contribution of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I would never buy a Subaru. I hate their phony insipid and hackneyed leftist ad campaigns and instantly turn them off whenever they appear. Oh golly gee if I buy their dopey sedan I am an enlightened and progressive happy-go-lucky eco-person making the planet safe for babies and puppies. What a s-load of trash.

And while we're at it, what in God's name is a partial zero-emission vehicle? You can't have partial zero. It's either zero or non-zero.

Subaru ads now irritate me more than Geico ads. But still do not reach the levels of red-hot irritation experienced with the impossibly lowbrow Brad Benson Hyundai ads.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:19 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
Quote:
I would never buy a Subaru. I hate their phony insipid and hackneyed leftist ad campaigns and instantly turn them off whenever they appear. Oh golly gee if I buy their dopey sedan I am an enlightened and progressive happy-go-lucky eco-person making the planet safe for babies and puppies. What a s-load of trash.
Never saw WRX STis or BRZs as leftist...

very much fun to drive... my son has an STi and it's a riot. Very fast, and very fun.

Quote:
And while we're at it, what in God's name is a partial zero-emission vehicle? You can't have partial zero. It's either zero or non-zero.
PZEVs are modern vehicles with advanced engines equipped with cutting-edge emissions controls. PZEVs run on gasoline, yet offer extremely clean emissions with zero evaporative emissions.

PZEVs come by way of California's Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate, a vital portion of the state's low emission vehicle program dating back to 1990. Throughout history, CA has set a tight green benchmark for stringent emissions laws that have in turn led to tighter federal regulations. Vehicles are required to meet tight emission test requirements for volatile organic compounds (VOC), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), and carbon monoxide (CO). While it was thought that battery electric vehicles would be numerous on roads by now, problems from cost to range--and even marketing issues--led to a modification of the ZEV mandate that gave birth to the PZEV, the partial zero emissions vehicle which allows automakers to meet their quotas through partial zero credits.

It's not just Subaru that meets PZEV regulations and standards, either, and they aren't the only ones to advertise it, especially in California. So it's a really stupid reason to bash on Subaru. Makes you look ignorant.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:43 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
I drive a Subaru Forester and am pretty liberal but never paid any attention to the advertisments others seem to find annoying. I bought it because I have 3 dogs, take them hiking regularly and the 2014 Forester has significantly more headroom than other small - midsize SUVs and great gas mileage. I also prefer the "squareness" look that reminds me of the old Mazda Tribute. Most SUVs today have a lot of stylized curves - I hate that look. I prefer a more "box" look. And, I did used to drive a Volvo, back in the day that the sedans were all box like but since they have gone the way of looking like every other car I got away from them. But still, my old Volvo was my favorite car. Where I live I see a lot of older, 50 - 60ish, folks driving the Foresters. I think it appeals to folks who are not hauling kids around but are active, outdoorsy and looking for an all wheel drive with interior space and decent mileage. That said, I would never be seen driving a big ass 4runner, F-150 or some other gas gussler that folks seem to gravitate to because of the big bad image. So, yeah, I'm a liberal and like my inexpensive Subaru (I don't hang out at Starbucks though!).

Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:

Subaru ads now irritate me more than Geico ads. But still do not reach the levels of red-hot irritation experienced with the impossibly lowbrow Brad Benson Hyundai ads.
I actually hate their radio ads also. in the past, ive even said I wouldn't own one because of the ads. now they are playing some dumb ad during my commute with a guy who says that he has a 3 miles to work and 3 back each day which can be the longest ride home when its bad weather. what the hell is that? im driving 45 miles each way and this d-bag is complaining about his 3 mile commute when the weather is bad?

anyway, I ultimately made my decision based on what I perceived as the best value. It was what I perceived as the car option that had what I wanted for the lowest price. so that won over my emotional dislike for their advertising.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:53 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I am a Subaru forester owner as of last april. im a tea party conservative and im half lesbian.
You know I have to ask...what is a "half lesbian"? 'Cause it sounds like a partial zero-emission vehicle.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
That said, I would never be seen driving a big ass 4runner, F-150 or some other gas gussler that folks seem to gravitate to because of the big bad image.
So....because you get 8ish more MPG than a 4-Runner or an F-150 they are Gas Guzzlers (FYI the Gas Guzzler classification doesn't LEGALLY apply to trucks/SUVs/Vans)?

Old 03-12-2014, 05:17 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,196,756 times
Compare Side-by-Side

X
2007 Buick Lacrosse/Allure X
2007 Chevrolet Malibu X
2007 Ford Escape 4WD X
2007 Subaru Forester AWD Personalize

Edit Vehicles 3.8 L, 6 cyl, Automatic 4-spd 2.2 L, 4 cyl, Automatic 4-spd 2.3 L, 4 cyl, Manual 5-spd 2.5 L, 4 cyl, Automatic 4-spd, Turbo

EPA Fuel Economy Miles per Gallon Regular Gasoline
Combined
17 City

27 Highway

4.8 gallons/100 mi
Regular Gasoline
Combined
21 City

31 Highway

4.0 gallons/100 mi
Regular Gasoline
Combined
20 City

25 Highway

4.5 gallons/100 mi
Premium Gasoline
Combined
18 City

23 Highway

5.0 gallons/100 mi
MPG estimates for 2007 and older vehicles have been revisedView Original EPA MPGView Original EPA MPGView Original EPA MPGView Original EPA MPG Unofficial MPG Estimates from Vehicle Owners Learn more about "Your MPG"

Disclaimer Average based on 1 vehicle
Average based on 9 vehicles
27 Lo

38 Hi

Average based on 1 vehicle
Average based on 1 vehicle

Old 03-12-2014, 07:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXBC View Post
I'm a Libertarian. Fiscal Conservative, Social Liberal.
Congratulations and who cares. I'm... a person. I don't think political with everything I do in life and politics certainly have nothing to do with what kind of car someone drives. Everyone is a damn politician these days. This thread topic is strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru