Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 10:32 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,734,754 times

Advertisements

Does the OP want to race or drive the car in traffic to work? Outback or Crosstrek are both good cars with plenty of power for anything anyone would typically use a car for, like sitting in rush hour traffic. Both get good gas mileage and have comfortable seats. Both have AWD. The CrossTrek is smaller but has a usable roof rack. The Outback is bigger but the roof rack SUCKS! Other than that, really no difference. I have an 15 Outback. Lots of my friends have CrossTreks. They like their cars and so do I. I like my car and so do they. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 01:52 PM

734 posts, read 919,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Does the OP want to race or drive the car in traffic to work? Outback or Crosstrek are both good cars with plenty of power for anything anyone would typically use a car for, like sitting in rush hour traffic. Both get good gas mileage and have comfortable seats. Both have AWD. The CrossTrek is smaller but has a usable roof rack. The Outback is bigger but the roof rack SUCKS! Other than that, really no difference. I have an 15 Outback. Lots of my friends have CrossTreks. They like their cars and so do I. I like my car and so do they. Good luck.
Thanks for the comments.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:10 PM

146 posts, read 293,543 times
I've had my Crosstrek just shy of a month and I like it more and more everyday!!

Old 12-15-2015, 11:03 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Just curious stone, why don't you like the roof rack? I have a basket for mine and it works great, takes a couple minutes to set up and away we go.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:53 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,734,754 times
I haul kayaks, canoes, bikes, etc. The stock rack's cast aluminum bars are flimsy and flex constantly. The bar length is too short to haul 2 boats side by side. The bars themselves are not rigidly attached to whatever is beneath the plastic cladding and vibrate with any crosswind. Many standard rack accessories from Thule or Yakima don't fit.

The new Yakima LP15 setup works well but sits super high off the roof of the car and causes clearance issues in many parking garages.

Bottom line - I use my rack every day. The so called premium rack that Subaru includes only on their North American Outback is a mistake and should be replaced with the rails they include in every other market. ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Subaru-img_4440.jpg  

Old 01-27-2016, 11:20 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb29456 View Post
2016 Subaru Outback or Crosstrek. Which do you think I should chose?

So, which did you choose?

Old 01-28-2016, 01:37 PM

I haven't as of yet. Still looking and still looking for employment so that I can afford the car payment. Am semi-retired.

I am sure that it will be one of those or a Hyundai Tucson.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I haven't as of yet. Still looking and still looking for employment so that I can afford the car payment. Am semi-retired.

I am sure that it will be one of those or a Hyundai Tucson.

Really??!!

A Hyundai Tucson??!!

(shaking my head)

Good luck, mikeb.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Really??!!

A Hyundai Tucson??!!

(shaking my head)

Good luck, mikeb.
Why is that? So far I had a Santa Fe and a Sonata with no problems at all. Wish I kept the Santa Fe for the room.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Why is that? So far I had a Santa Fe and a Sonata with no problems at all. Wish I kept the Santa Fe for the room.

If your two Hyundais had been so trouble-free, then why even consider another brand?

I'm not picking on you but I'm curious, why didn't you just automatically look to the Tucson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru