Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 10:55 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

2009 New York Auto Show preview: 2010 Subaru Legacy, or Outback, or both | Straightline Blog on Edmunds' Inside Line
Such a shame this good looking sedan now grows in size and weight and it's overall shape resembles Camry. Still looks nice and will offer a CVT transmission in order to improve fuel efficiency. No word yet on if it will also be included in the Spec B version which would be a bad thing for performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,703,450 times
We haven't actually seen the new Legacy yet, just the concept, so we won't really know what it is until the NY auto show debut, although the concept is supposedly close.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 PM

563 posts, read 2,570,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
2009 New York Auto Show preview: 2010 Subaru Legacy, or Outback, or both | Straightline Blog on Edmunds' Inside Line
Such a shame this good looking sedan now grows in size and weight and it's overall shape resembles Camry. Still looks nice and will offer a CVT transmission in order to improve fuel efficiency. No word yet on if it will also be included in the Spec B version which would be a bad thing for performance.
If this is the case, I may not be happy with those changes and may have to consider an 2009.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:35 PM

16,669 posts, read 17,433,087 times
Why does every model of car have to gain in size and weight every time it's modified or redone?

I quite like the Outback but prefer the looks of the current model.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Why does every model of car have to gain in size and weight every time it's modified or redone?

I quite like the Outback but prefer the looks of the current model.
I'm guessing some aspect of mainstream appeal, coupled with a comparison to the competition. And they all do it, and they all never learn, as most of the time, the original idea worked best. I always think of the original Scion Xb when I think of this. For people that found it unique, the redesign got away from the original that appealed to people. It got fatter, heavier, roomier and slower (not that it was a speed demon).

Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
Ugggg. Is it Subaru's plan to just upsize everything to Toyota/Mazda size? I was on a Subaru dealer lot a couple of weeks ago, looking at the Forester and Impreza for Mrs. g and happened to look at the mileage numbers for the Tribeca! I think a Chevy Suburban beats it!

golfgod

Old 03-14-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Ugggg. Is it Subaru's plan to just upsize everything to Toyota/Mazda size? I was on a Subaru dealer lot a couple of weeks ago, looking at the Forester and Impreza for Mrs. g and happened to look at the mileage numbers for the Tribeca! I think a Chevy Suburban beats it!

golfgod
You could be right. Subaru has never been that great on gas. I kind of like the new resesigned Forester, even though it got bigger, thats what I liked about it. I always felt cramped in the earlier ones. I am trying to sell my wife on her next car being a Subaru so thats the car I bring up. She never liked the earlier ones but me thinks this has potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru