U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Sugar Grove, IL
3,132 posts, read 7,578,693 times
Reputation: 1539

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone out there uses nutritional supplements from USANA? If so, are you pleased with how they work for you and would you consider selling them?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
 
1,980 posts, read 3,135,442 times
Reputation: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I am wondering if anyone out there uses nutritional supplements from USANA? If so, are you pleased with how they work for you and would you consider selling them?

Just going to start tomorrow. Would not consider selling them but am buying from a friend who used them for months, had success, and is now selling.

I am doing the reset - 5 day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Mostly in my head
16,472 posts, read 31,224,125 times
Reputation: 12535
Folks, please remember not to promote selling anything. OK to discuss results of using them.
__________________
Moderator for Utah, Salt Lake City, Diabetes, Cancer, Pets , Health and Wellness forums
http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 04:08 PM
 
1,980 posts, read 3,135,442 times
Reputation: 1147
--- so with that said, has anyone had success using them? I start tomorrow and reviews I are great from what I have seen.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
14,851 posts, read 17,990,785 times
Reputation: 18987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I am wondering if anyone out there uses nutritional supplements from USANA? If so, are you pleased with how they work for you and would you consider selling them?
Whenever I go to a website for *any* product and it has the word "opportunity" on it, I run as far and as fast as I can.

20yrsinBranson
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 18,899,217 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
--- so with that said, has anyone had success using them? I start tomorrow and reviews I are great from what I have seen.
Please refer back to the thread YOU started on losing weight. If I were you, I would NOT take any supplements or so-called diet pills or anything similar. You need to learn how to eat healthy first.

What exactly is the Usana supposed to do for you? What results have your friend had that were good enough for you to also start taking this stuff? Im curious because I do a Google search on Usana and I come up with nothing but "Scam" and multi level marketing make-money scam/hoax stuff.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 12-26-2010 at 06:49 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:32 PM
 
1,980 posts, read 3,135,442 times
Reputation: 1147
Lao, I have tried to respond to you about three times and each time deleted. I find you very rude and I do not deserve this at all. Perhaps you have good intentions but there is no need to follow my posts and call me out the way you are doing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: South Tempe, AZ
14,198 posts, read 17,750,597 times
Reputation: 6381
I think Lao was just trying to be honest, even bluntly honest, with you. You started the other thread looking for advice about losing weight, and you really concerned people because you talked about how short of breath you are. You were given good advice on that thread, starting with going to a doctor. Then(and it's not unusual for anyone to research another poster's posts) your posts on this thread were discovered, which seem to be off in a completely different direction to address your issue.

Using supplements, on the advice of a "friend", without getting a medical evaluation so that you can proceed safely with other lasting forms of weight loss, is not the best course. I've never heard of this particular supplement, but if your overall condition is as you describe, it is, in my opinion, at least a waste of money, and perhaps dangerous, to use this supplement instead of sound medical advice and dietary advice.
__________________
Terms of Service / FAQ /Information for Realtors
Moderator for Arizona and Nevada forums
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 PM
 
1,980 posts, read 3,135,442 times
Reputation: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I think Lao was just trying to be honest, even bluntly honest, with you. You started the other thread looking for advice about losing weight, and you really concerned people because you talked about how short of breath you are. You were given good advice on that thread, starting with going to a doctor. Then(and it's not unusual for anyone to research another poster's posts) your posts on this thread were discovered, which seem to be off in a completely different direction to address your issue.

Using supplements, on the advice of a "friend", without getting a medical evaluation so that you can proceed safely with other lasting forms of weight loss, is not the best course. I've never heard of this particular supplement, but if your overall condition is as you describe, it is, in my opinion, at least a waste of money, and perhaps dangerous, to use this supplement instead of sound medical advice and dietary advice.
Thank you for your insight. I do not agree with the response by Lao I consider it rude. Because I have a concern should mean all others are off limits? I should think not.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 18,899,217 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
Thank you for your insight. I do not agree with the response by Lao I consider it rude. Because I have a concern should mean all others are off limits? I should think not.
My response was not rude at all. Most of my "rep points" were awarded based on my advice and guidance to those in the Exercise/Diet/Health and Wellness forums. Coming across as rude was not my intention, however, from my years of experience in this, and the fact that we are all adults, I dont walk on eggshells or tread delicately in these matters.

Now, getting back to this Usana stuff, from what I understand and have learned from non-biased opinion on this (meaning reviews online NOT from Usana snake oil salespeople) is that its waaaaaaaaaay overpriced (about $4.00-$6.00 per day) and is waaaaaaaaay undervalued in terms of actual nutritional and vitamin content.

The fact that I have been around health and fitness for my entire adult life and have never heard about this stuff raised some immediate alarms.

OP=Sgresident - I find your question to be a bit odd - "Are you pleased with how they work and will you consider selling them?". Are you looking to add to your pyramid sales staff, or are you really interested in this product?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top