Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:28 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

[quote=dennis s;1410632]eat a half pound of spinach a day. save 39.50[/QUOTE) If you are hypothyroid it is not a good idea. It messes up the medication.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:34 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,204 times
medication....................... why medication? that what kills most people in the first place.

run............. get out while you still can............... remember Jim Jones I think he had a little "cult" too in Guyana. He made everyone drink Your special drink. (kidding).............. but this sounds like a big brainwash to me.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
medication....................... why medication? that what kills most people in the first place.

run............. get out while you still can............... remember Jim Jones I think he had a little "cult" too in Guyana. He made everyone drink Your special drink. (kidding).............. but this sounds like a big brainwash to me.
Well, if you are hypothyroid and do not take your medication eventually you will die. Your organs will eventually shut down.
So I think that it is important to take the thyroid meds.
But you are right about some medication allot of it is bad for us.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 46,421 times
Default Not Monvie or Mangosteen

Like anything else, what works for some people may not work for others. Everyone's metabolism and tastes are different and these things should be considered when there is a discussion.

I use another product called Vitalagy. It is similar to the products you mention but has many more ingredients. It is an antioxident and I believe it has helped me. I use it in conjunction with another product called A.C.T. (Advanced Cell Therapy). This is more of an energy drink and it has all natural ingredients that have helped me as well.

In my opinion, I would rather spend money on products that have natural ingredients that may help me. Of course if you have medical conditions you should seek the advice of your physician about these products before you use them.

I should disclose that I am a dealer for these products. You can purchase only by becoming a dealer. No scam, Amway, etc. You sign up for FREE. Once you are signed up, you can then purchase these products at wholsale pricing.

Last edited by crski; 09-04-2007 at 10:45 PM..

Old 09-30-2007, 05:56 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Juicing to Detoxify the Body

Drink the juice within 30 minutes or less. Juice will start to oxidize after that, losing valuable enzymes and vitamins. Bottled juices are not a good substitute for fresh juices. Enzymes are destroyed in the bottling process.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:08 AM

11 posts, read 34,362 times
I'm very subjective towards MonaVie, because I am a distributor plus we order eight bottles a month. Understand monavie is considered a food. My family and I just don't eat enough fruits and vegetables to get our daily recommended allowance of plant in our diet. it is only in plant type food do you get phytonutrients, which the body needs to help repair itself as well as fight off dieases such as cancer. this product effects everyone differently, so the only way you can know how it will work on you is to try it for 90 days. Don't think one bottle will cure you. If you've had a physical problem for a long time, well it stands to reason it will take some time for monavie to help you. Just like medication, it too takes some time to take effect so my thoughts are don't knock it till you try it. If you think this is expensive, then wait till the medical bills start coming in because you've not taken the neccessary steps to protect your health.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,998 times
I have been drinking Monavie for several weeks. I also drink Bossa Nova with acai juice. My local health food store now handles both of these. I haven't noticed any spectacular benefits yet. I do have some arthritis in the hand and knee. There may be the beginning of a modest improvement. I may have a better answer in a few more weeks.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:34 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
I would give it a try and if it works.... GREAT! Just today I was reading on the internet that the Arthritis drugs Humira and Remicade triple your risk of cancer and double your risk of infection...(TB and pneumonia).. I would try what I could before ever taking those big pharma's drugs.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 AM

11 posts, read 59,742 times
Arrow Shellfish Ingredient & Signature Purple Smile

I've almost finished my first bottle of Monavie Active, and there are 3 more bottles in my kitchen pantry. I'm spreading consumption out thinly, because the juice is really expensive, in my opinion. I bought it from a good friend who recently signed up to be a distributor, but I really can't afford to keep up the Monavie-drinking habit after the first case of 4 bottles.

Anyway, people thinking of trying Monavie should know that their "active" formula contains shellfish extracts, and people allergic to seafood should just stick to the "original" formula. !!! Distributors usually try to push you the more expensive "active" formula, to make a few extra bucks off you, although they claim it's more concentrated and better for your health.... But where MLM's concerned, I always try to look past the sales pitch, and evaluate the products objectively.

I haven't really noticed any immediate health improvements from the Monavie consumption. But, my sleep patterns seem to have improved slightly, and I wake up feeling well-rested, compared to before taking Monavie.

I really don't know whether the effect is more psychological or real. But, it tastes ok. And I'm not allergic to shellfish, so I'll continue taking it till I've finished all 4 bottles. Probably stop then because it's simply too expensive as a daily drink.

Wonder beverage or not, one thing is for sure... the stuff stains your teeth a deep purple shade.

Thankfully, I learnt a secret tip to combat the signature purple smile. The tip was found in a free report given at

The Tooth Whitening: Information, Tips & Advice

The tip is pretty handy against Monavie and red wine tooth stains.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:11 PM

35 posts, read 204,858 times
If it sounds to good to be true IT IS. I've tried it and noticed nothing different after a couple months. It is a pyramid sales structure. The founders have marketed it well. Everyone is looking for a miracle cure all. Try a good honest natural diet and exercise. Get away from all the chemically altered foods. I did and my doctor was astounded with my last blood work up after years of yelling at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements