Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,601,728 times

Advertisements

looking to take a probiotic........I suffer from post nasal drip and generally have a sick stomach.........thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 05:52 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Taking yogurt with these bacterial culture can work and be just fine , but use plain yogurt with some melon , not orange , orange can upset the stomach..I took some probiotic supplement once and it stop the bowel moving so be carfull... Heard one way to clean out the gut is to drink plenty of water, then in a few days eat two or more pounds of water melon which will flush out the bowels , But I never tried it but I would stick with high fiber foods to cleans the gut for now

Old 01-02-2013, 05:24 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Also look into this: Naturally Cultured and Fermented Vegetables, Fruits and Condiments | Fermentation Articles, How-to Videos & Recipes

Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,430,343 times
I take Good Belly because it is often on sale at my supermarket, there are plenty of coupons online, and it is vegan. It tastes good, is convenient, and helps me continue to avoid dairy. My tummy has been out of whack for the past 2 years since going through chemo, and 2 weeks Good Belly makes me feel much less gassy and heartburny. Considering not a day has gone by in 2 years where I haven't felt out of whack because of my stomach, it gets my full endorsement.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM

78 posts, read 128,969 times
My nutritionist recommended inner-eco coconut kefir. I've been taking a couple tablespoons/day for about a month and am amazed at the difference. It's a liquid, must be kept cold, and can be found at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, etc.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,045,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Taking yogurt with these bacterial culture can work and be just fine , but use plain yogurt with some melon , not orange , orange can upset the stomach..I took some probiotic supplement once and it stop the bowel moving so be carfull... Heard one way to clean out the gut is to drink plenty of water, then in a few days eat two or more pounds of water melon which will flush out the bowels , But I never tried it but I would stick with high fiber foods to cleans the gut for now
Do you realize how much sugar is in 2 or more pounds of watermelon? Bad advice.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dittoCO View Post
My nutritionist recommended inner-eco coconut kefir. I've been taking a couple tablespoons/day for about a month and am amazed at the difference. It's a liquid, must be kept cold, and can be found at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, etc.
Sounds good but gross, sorta like the probiotic I sometimes take named Amazing Grass (premium Kansas wheatgrass). When I take it, I swallow rapidly because I don't like the taste. I really should try to take it more consistently though.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
I've taken GNC's "Probiotic 1." Honestly, it makes my stomach feel 10x worse than it did before. I've never tried another probitic but would definitely advise you to stay the hell away from it...

Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
looking to take a probiotic........I suffer from post nasal drip and generally have a sick stomach.........thanks

Does sick stomach felt like nausea? You could use ginger root. If it's not like nausea, it probably won't work.

I take Swanson Vitamins probiotic Acidophilus. It's a low dose & 250 pills for, I think, $5.75. One can always take more if 1 doesn't help. There is a $4.99 shipping charge for each Swanson Vitamin bought on Amazon, but if you go to swansonvitamins.com the shipping is $4.99 regardless of order size.

They will have 2 for 1 & lesser discounts there, & deal of the day. If you want to be on their e-mail list, they will sometimes offer additional discounts. You can return anything for a refund within 1 year, at their expense. They've been in business since 1969. But they are very fearful of FDA, so some of the reviews are censored as to real benefits, & some of the reviews claim benefits I haven't seen elsewhere.

Some of the dietary supplements have gone through serious scientific study, & have lengthy articles on Wikipedia. I really need to look more at naturalnews.com as they expose liars. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements