Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,150 times

Advertisements

If you use it, why? And which Brand?

If you don't use it, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
I don't drink it, because I have no need for that much protein in addition to the protein I get from food. Muscle milk is targetted and marketed primarily to athletes and bodybuilders. I do work out and exercise, but that doesn't qualify me as an athlete or a bodybuilder.

For -most- people, if they eat nutritionally dense foods every day, they will have no need for protein supplements at all.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 PM

345 posts, read 1,030,870 times
There is no "Muscle Milk" brand. The brand is Cytosport and the product is Muscle Milk.

Taste-wise, it's very good. They also have RTD's (Ready to drink, pre-made bottles) that are also tasty and convenient.

Not the best bang for your buck (if just going for overall protein) but a solid product nonetheless.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
There is no "Muscle Milk" brand. The brand is Cytosport and the product is Muscle Milk.

Taste-wise, it's very good. They also have RTD's (Ready to drink, pre-made bottles) that are also tasty and convenient.

Not the best bang for your buck (if just going for overall protein) but a solid product nonetheless.

Thanks for explaining.

Do you suggest the ready made or powder?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Didn't they have the metal contamination?
Also, too many carbs.

There are WAY better protein supplements.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Thanks for explaining.

Do you suggest the ready made or powder?
The powder is gonna be cheaper. But if you can find the RTD's on a nice sale, go with those. The problem with the RTD's is that they're expensive. Often $3+ per bottle depending on the size. Muscle Milk in general isn't the best protein as far as value per protein content. But it's a good one to start out with as it tastes good.

Also, if you shop at Coscto, Cytosport has a 5lb bag of whey that costs about $42 or so. Not bad.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Didn't they have the metal contamination?
Also, too many carbs.

There are WAY better protein supplements.
The metal contamination deal was a while back. I'm pretty sure that's been cleared up by now...

I agree there are much better bang-for-your buck protein supplements out there. But what makes Muscle Milk good is the taste and because it does have more carbs and fats it works as more of a meal replacement.

Muscle Milk is a good beginner protein supplement imo. But I'd only buy it nowadays if I can find it on sale.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I used the pre-made light version of muscle milk as a post work out snack or for when I was in a hurry and couldn't eat. I also kept them in the car in case I got hungry, so I wouldn't have to buy chain restaurant food.

It was a convenience food for me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Probolic SR tastes good, as does MuscleMax.
The Probolic is a more complete supplement, and the MM is pretty clean.

Both only have 3-4gm of carbs (vs 19).

Old 04-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
The metal contamination deal was a while back. I'm pretty sure that's been cleared up by now...

I agree there are much better bang-for-your buck protein supplements out there. But what makes Muscle Milk good is the taste and because it does have more carbs and fats it works as more of a meal replacement.

Muscle Milk is a good beginner protein supplement imo. But I'd only buy it nowadays if I can find it on sale.

Can you recommend others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements