Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,507 times

Advertisements

Due to chronic physical pain nearly 5 yrs. old, I have to take 800 mg OTC ibuprofen once, twice or 3x/day often. I can take the drug several days in a row and then become scared due to the known danger of ibuprofen-caused heart attack and stroke-- so due to this worry, I stop taking the heavy doses of ibuprofen, soon greatly worsen and suffer physically in a couple or in a few days, and then am forced to take ibuprofen again. This on-and-off pattern has been going on since May 2013. [The NSAIDs -- and ibuprofen is one of them -- can cause tinnitis. I don't have tinnitis and worry that so much ibuprofen could cause this. You see, music is so important to me: I couldn't stand constant noise in my head from tinnitis. I wouldn't want to live without my music.] I understand that ibuprofen ruins or reduces uptake of the B vitamins (which I currently get only from foods). Also, I just learned last week that I have NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). Low or absent choline causes NAFLD but I don't know for certain if I have low or no choline. Anyway, I'd like to know what people here say about taking a B vitamin complex when one takes a great deal of ibuprofen and also tell about taking choline (which is somehow related to the B vitamins).

Should a B vitamin complex have all B components at the same mg level, or should each B vitamin in a complex be tailored at some individual mg level by some good maker of the complex?

For people who have researched this, what do you have to say about the levels of the B vitamins in a complex?

What combinations of B vitamins are way too high and may cause some kind of problem?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 03:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my-music View Post
Due to chronic physical pain nearly 5 yrs. old, I have to take 800 mg OTC ibuprofen once, twice or 3x/day often. I can take the drug several days in a row and then become scared due to the known danger of ibuprofen-caused heart attack and stroke-- so due to this worry, I stop taking the heavy doses of ibuprofen, soon greatly worsen and suffer physically in a couple or in a few days, and then am forced to take ibuprofen again. This on-and-off pattern has been going on since May 2013. [The NSAIDs -- and ibuprofen is one of them -- can cause tinnitis. I don't have tinnitis and worry that so much ibuprofen could cause this. You see, music is so important to me: I couldn't stand constant noise in my head from tinnitis. I wouldn't want to live without my music.] I understand that ibuprofen ruins or reduces uptake of the B vitamins (which I currently get only from foods). Also, I just learned last week that I have NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). Low or absent choline causes NAFLD but I don't know for certain if I have low or no choline. Anyway, I'd like to know what people here say about taking a B vitamin complex when one takes a great deal of ibuprofen and also tell about taking choline (which is somehow related to the B vitamins).

Should a B vitamin complex have all B components at the same mg level, or should each B vitamin in a complex be tailored at some individual mg level by some good maker of the complex?

For people who have researched this, what do you have to say about the levels of the B vitamins in a complex?

What combinations of B vitamins are way too high and may cause some kind of problem?

Thanks
Why not ask your doctor? If you're deficient in any of the B vitamins he can recommend what you need to get your levels up to a normal range.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:00 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
That is a lot of ibuprofen. I take enough which is 400mg two times per day. 2 before bed and then 2 at 1:30PM. I deal with bodywide OA and a mess from hip replacement, so many complications.

I get a lot buzz in my ear now and then but not constant.

I also believe my grape seed extract helps with that ear buzz issue.

Now for in between ibuprofen, I've found Pain RX herbal supplement and I get some pain relief with this supp which I take 1/2 tylenol with it two times per day. This product is from Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and available from online suppliers amazon included.

I'm never out of total pain...but I sleep good so the two ibuprofen before sleep works good to sleep thru the night.

I do have fears of these pain meds as I ended up with a stomach ulcer back in the 80's from a pharma anti inflammatory so I have the good fortune of finding DGL for stomach protection. I like Natural Factors brand the best and I've tried many over the years I take DGL,,so far so good....I share this link when I want to share DGL with others.

Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL): Gut Benefits and Beyond

I have no reflux, gerd or heartburn issues and don't want any and want to protect my stomach due to the old ulcer.

I think everyone can do good with B12 sublinguel, we cannot overdose and my levels are high as I get labs which include B12 levels.

There is info that too many pain meds can cause us more pain...something about the pain receptors.

I just posted about Ozone therapy as I'd like to do this for my knee. Well this is my history.

I've done some opiad drugs pre and post hip replacement...but totally off that class of pain meds.. They get a lot of people in worse trouble.

You don't mention why all the pain you deal with. The OA in my back started at 18 and I'm 77.

I just posted a thread in a daily journal area about heart health supplements.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 AM

421 posts, read 328,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
That is a lot of ibuprofen. I take enough which is 400mg two times per day. 2 before bed and then 2 at 1:30PM. I deal with bodywide OA and a mess from hip replacement, so many complications.

I get a lot buzz in my ear now and then but not constant.

I also believe my grape seed extract helps with that ear buzz issue.

Now for in between ibuprofen, I've found Pain RX herbal supplement and I get some pain relief with this supp which I take 1/2 tylenol with it two times per day. This product is from Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and available from online suppliers amazon included.

I'm never out of total pain...but I sleep good so the two ibuprofen before sleep works good to sleep thru the night.

I do have fears of these pain meds as I ended up with a stomach ulcer back in the 80's from a pharma anti inflammatory so I have the good fortune of finding DGL for stomach protection. I like Natural Factors brand the best and I've tried many over the years I take DGL,,so far so good....I share this link when I want to share DGL with others.

Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL): Gut Benefits and Beyond

I have no reflux, gerd or heartburn issues and don't want any and want to protect my stomach due to the old ulcer.

I think everyone can do good with B12 sublinguel, we cannot overdose and my levels are high as I get labs which include B12 levels.

There is info that too many pain meds can cause us more pain...something about the pain receptors.

I just posted about Ozone therapy as I'd like to do this for my knee. Well this is my history.

I've done some opiad drugs pre and post hip replacement...but totally off that class of pain meds.. They get a lot of people in worse trouble.

You don't mention why all the pain you deal with. The OA in my back started at 18 and I'm 77.

I just posted a thread in a daily journal area about heart health supplements.
Interesting article there ty

Old 08-02-2016, 12:15 PM

NEW UPDATE:

Here is more on Pain-RX, I own no stock and buy from company with best price and service.

There is a thorough write up on this Pain "killer" reducer, calmer, it does this for me.

Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Pain-Rx - IllPumpYouUp.com

I'm seeing a new DC and DO both work from same clinic and the DO is adamant about me getting off Ibuprofen. Says linked to heart attacks/strokes, probably keeping my BP elevated and would a patient rather take an opiod that is more likened to the body. But these opiates cause constipation and I won't take them. He wrote me two scripts and I'm not going to fill them.

The DO is working with dextrose prolotherapy for my joints and says the ibuprofen works AGAINST this work, so threatened to stop this work if I didn't get off ibuprofen. So...I'm leaning on Pain-RX and Arthritis Tylenol to keep moving and his work now.

Read the documentary on Pain RX and how it works.

This DO has gotten to know me in the short time I'm seeing him and he says "you are addicted to ibuprofen"....many are and I HOPE he's gotten me off this pain drug.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-02-2016 at 12:41 PM..

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

The OP asked about B vitamins and I take them all. A few alone for issues I deal with and I take a quality Stress Complex. B12 is important.

Truth being, We just don't get what our body needs in foods.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:17 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
NEW UPDATE:

Here is more on Pain-RX, I own no stock and buy from company with best price and service.

There is a thorough write up on this Pain "killer" reducer, calmer, it does this for me.

Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Pain-Rx - IllPumpYouUp.com

I'm seeing a new DC and DO both work from same clinic and the DO is adamant about me getting off Ibuprofen. Says linked to heart attacks/strokes, probably keeping my BP elevated and would a patient rather take an opiod that is more likened to the body. But these opiates cause constipation and I won't take them. He wrote me two scripts and I'm not going to fill them.

The DO is working with dextrose prolotherapy for my joints and says the ibuprofen works AGAINST this work, so threatened to stop this work if I didn't get off ibuprofen. So...I'm leaning on Pain-RX and Arthritis Tylenol to keep moving and his work now.

Read the documentary on Pain RX and how it works.

This DO has gotten to know me in the short time I'm seeing him and he says "you are addicted to ibuprofen"....many are and I HOPE he's gotten me off this pain drug.

Your substituting one Cox2 inhibitor for another (sales claim). I would imagine if they both work as claimed, they will do the same negative things to your body.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2016, 03:54 PM

It's not about a sales claim, it's the article in the sales company's claim on Pain Rx. I need to get off ibuprofen and Pain RX and Tylenol seem to be the safest for pain FOR ME. Maybe for many others too. I buy from Lucky and don't care where one buys it, it works for pain reduction. I don't want to buy the opioid that the DO says is better to take than ibuprofen...that's pretty clear in what I wrote. The opioids are constipating and I don't need that issue. Dealt with that a lot in my life and it's under control with mag and Vit C.

I'd love not to live with the pain I do.

I don't understand your comments "substituting one cox 2 inhibitor for another"....ibuprofen is not a cox 2 inhibitor.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-02-2016 at 04:02 PM..

Old 08-02-2016, 04:22 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I dunno, I don't take them and may be confusing it with something else.

When I googled just now I got this from wikipedia:

The existing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) differ in their relative specificities for COX-2 and COX-1; while aspirin and ibuprofen inhibit COX-2 and COX-1 enzymes, other NSAIDs appear to have partial COX-2 specificity, particularly meloxicam (Mobic).

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ox+2+inhibitor
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2016, 05:05 PM

If a person reads the whole article on Pain RX and re-reads it if necessary it's more understandable. For those who don't care, don't bother. I've been taking it 2 yrs and alternating with ibuprofen but NEED to get off ibuprofen NSAIDS.

I'm never totally out of pain, but no pain when I sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements