Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 03:22 PM

23 posts, read 45,123 times

Advertisements

I'm a 25 year old guy. I eat relatively healthy, and work out occasionally. I recently started taking testosterone supplements out of curiosity. They are actually making me feel worse and I don't know why. My sex drive has declined and I'm very tired. I've also gained a lot of weight and my face has gotten rounder. It's very strange. I'm think I should stop taking it. I thought testosterone is supposed to make you feel better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 01:49 PM

4 posts, read 1,956 times
Depends on what's all in the supplement you are using. I've used multiple ,testabol is the best for me.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:19 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Testosterone boosting supplements are worthless for the most part. At best, they'd have a very small effect.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:25 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,709,327 times
For the love of God man, stop taking these supplements!! If you really have traced fatigue, low libido, and pronounced weight gain to the usage of a particular supplement, what more do you need to show you that you shouldn't be taking that substance?

You are 25. You should be in the prime of your life. Ideally, your health should be in its prime as well. Messing around with substances that are causing deleterious effects is not reasonable and is not warranted.

Beyond that, I would tend to agree with the poster that said that "testosterone boosting" supplements are likely quite worthless. There are little-to-no studies that have been done on these supplements and their effect on testosterone levels, and there is little proof that they are beneficial in any way.

If you genuinely have low testosterone levels, you would definitely want to work with a licensed physician who is knowledgeable on the subject and can work with you closely to provide directly effective testosterone replacement therapy.

If you have regular or high testosterone, any attempts at theoretically increasing levels are only inviting trouble. Testosterone is not a hormone that you want to attempt to skyrocket for many reasons, one of the first being artificially increasing testosterone levels can encourage your body to slow its natural production of testosterone.

Stop the harmful substances and go see your doctor. Seriously.

(P.S. If you are simply trying to get "ripped" or muscular, there are many safer and more proven ways to accomplish these goals. Granted they take some more earnest effort than popping a pill (such as lifting heavy and abiding by a protein-rich, healthful diet), however, they are infinitely better for your health and you will end up feeling *better*...rather than what you are currently feeling like).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements