Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 03:20 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,612,356 times

Advertisements

I don't want to add things & running out of both above, so do I need replace or just go multi & just good food? I take D3 daily & took K2 to offset it, but I eat fish 3-4x/wk & think Fish oil may be not be needed.
Ok, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 03:33 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Latest research tells us to take K2 with D3 for best absorption. Go off Omega 3's for a while and see how you feel. If you eat a good deal of fish then don't do both. I don't get much fish and so much fish is polluted anyway.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Latest research tells us to take K2 with D3 for best absorption. Go off Omega 3's for a while and see how you feel. If you eat a good deal of fish then don't do both. I don't get much fish and so much fish is polluted anyway.
Ok, you may be right as I may cut back fish to 2x/wk. But still, more than most eat. Trying to go plant based but only eat egg whites, nonfat dairy, & all plants otherwise. Oh, did get a 5lb tub of whey protein (yes, a cow) but it is the ONLY other protein than fish & plants The egg whites also & the nonfat dairy but may cut ALL dairy soon.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:51 PM

166 posts, read 240,821 times
If you are going all vegan (it seems you're headed that way) then you should also add vitamin B12 to your regimen. You can't get it (or enough of it) from a vegan diet. I suggest methylcobalamine (sometimes called Methyl B12) which is the better absorbed form of B12 (cyanocobalamine). My wife recently found a great value on this at Costco (and their quality is very good).

There are now some very good brands of plant based protein powders. Check out Garden of Life for example (and I don't work for them).

It is quickly becoming common knowledge that Vitamin K2 and D should be taken together (complimentary mechanisms of action). But you should only take the MK-7 form of K2 (AKA menaquinone-7) and not the synthetic MK-4 (menaquinone-4) form. Lots of science supporting MK-7 - in particular the MenaQ7 brand of vitamin K2.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:49 AM

282 posts, read 232,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_scott View Post
If you are going all vegan (it seems you're headed that way) then you should also add vitamin B12 to your regimen. You can't get it (or enough of it) from a vegan diet. I suggest methylcobalamine (sometimes called Methyl B12) which is the better absorbed form of B12 (cyanocobalamine). My wife recently found a great value on this at Costco (and their quality is very good).

There are now some very good brands of plant based protein powders. Check out Garden of Life for example (and I don't work for them).

It is quickly becoming common knowledge that Vitamin K2 and D should be taken together (complimentary mechanisms of action). But you should only take the MK-7 form of K2 (AKA menaquinone-7) and not the synthetic MK-4 (menaquinone-4) form. Lots of science supporting MK-7 - in particular the MenaQ7 brand of vitamin K2.
MK-4 occurs naturally in processed dairy. You can get it naturally by drinking milk or eating cheese. Not in large amounts but at least it can be part of your daily routine - unless as you say someone is going 100% vegan.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:26 PM

From my reading it seems MK-7 is most needed. I reordered some MK-7 this wk & will continue on it. I still use fish oil (found a large bottle I forgot I had) & take 2/day. I eat fish 3x yet per wk. Ok, thx again for these replies so far.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:35 PM

166 posts, read 240,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
MK-4 occurs naturally in processed dairy. You can get it naturally by drinking milk or eating cheese. Not in large amounts but at least it can be part of your daily routine - unless as you say someone is going 100% vegan.
This is the first time I have heard that MK-4 occurs naturally in processed dairy products. In fact fermented cheeses are a good source of MK-7. The early human studies tracked K2 consumption from this food source. If there are references to MK-4 naturally occurring in processed dairy products I'd appreciate seeing them. There is always something to learn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements