Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:41 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I'm sore I use a CBD/THC mix, and it helps quite a bit.
Wow. I knew I liked you. THC is a preventative for Alzheimer's, and maybe cancer.

I'm not in a state where THC is legal, so if it's still not available in a year or so, I'll have to move. I'm not about to risk my freedom, and illegal product here is not controlled, and may have harmful substances in it. And they are trying to get it legalized but I don't want to die, waiting for them to get their act together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 01:53 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Wow. I knew I liked you. THC is a preventative for Alzheimer's, and maybe cancer.

I'm not in a state where THC is legal, so if it's still not available in a year or so, I'll have to move. I'm not about to risk my freedom, and illegal product here is not controlled, and may have harmful substances in it. And they are trying to get it legalized but I don't want to die, waiting for them to get their act together.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk a drug bust at my age.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-05-2018, 02:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
In another forum someone recommended I get CBD oil for my degenerative osteoarthritis, from Bluebird, a company in Colorado. Don't know how I missed that one but I really didn't know it's been legal in 50 states the past two years.
I thought it was some sort of shady rip-off. It's not; they're clearly legit. There are even YouTube videos about using it. And it's for sale on Amazon, though I'm ordering from Bluebird.

I hope it works for me. Anyone know if this is effective?
No form of CBD edibles or oil or salve 200- 1000mg has ever done one thing for me.
But, that's just ME, understand.
However, I can take one Tylenol or some aspirin and pain is incredibly gone with , say, a sprained ankle.
so I feel I am effected by small amts of things, personally.

If I cook with 1/2 tsp of MMJ oil or butter i could be regretfully high for 6 hrs....I am in a legal state...
I quit that nonsense!

To give you my sensitivity background, is all.
Every single person's body is SO different!
Hope it works for you.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:04 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Well, I want the best for you and I know you do for me, too. Just don't send any bad vibes my way, I don't need that. I'm sorry the CBD oil didn't work for you.

I do 3 Gelcaps of Ibu before bedtime, but had to discontinue during the day because of tinnitus, which developed a few months ago. When I stopped the Ibu, the tinnitus went away. So very weird. But would love to get off the Ibu entirely.

Have you seen this, ganja yoga classes:

Ganja Yoga Classes & Events ~~ Twisted Sister Colorado

O M G. Now I've officially seen everything.

We now have walk in stores in LA for TCH for medical and recreational uses....I can't afford the prices...and don't want to eat brownies and cookies laced with TCH...so for me the Ibu works...I will occasionally get some ringing but mostly not. I think the grape seed ex keeps my circulation working in my body including ears. Reading some info sites on ringing and grape seed ex and more magnesium are helping with this issue. I take good doses of both every day.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-05-2018 at 02:28 PM..

Old 07-05-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We now have walk in stores in LA for TCH for medical and recreational uses....I can't afford the prices...and don't want to eat brownies and cookies laced with TCH...so for me the Ibu works...I will occasionally get some ringing but mostly not. I think the grape seed ex keeps my circulation working in my body including ears. Reading some info sites on ringing and grape seed ex and more magnesium are helping with this issue. I take good doses of both every day.
Yes. I plan to start the grape seed ex and magnesium but didn't want to confuse affects with the CBD oil. So, one thing at a time.

I have a hard time relating to the phrase "and don't want to eat brownies and cookies laced with TCH.." But I'm an aging hippie (albeit a well-behaved, hard working one who practiced the violin three hours a day from childhood), and sounds yummy to me.

Unless I misunderstand, big pharma is very worried about cannabis, which will cost them billions. I never trusted their chemical concoctions and refused to take them.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Yes. I plan to start the grape seed ex and magnesium but didn't want to confuse affects with the CBD oil. So, one thing at a time.

I have a hard time relating to the phrase "and don't want to eat brownies and cookies laced with TCH.." But I'm an aging hippie (albeit a well-behaved, hard working one who practiced the violin three hours a day from childhood), and sounds yummy to me.

Unless I misunderstand, big pharma is very worried about cannabis, which will cost them billions. I never trusted their chemical concoctions and refused to take them.
I just don't want to eat those sweets, I've changed so much of what I put in my body in the last couple yrs. And don't want to pay for those priced brownies. I had an old bf who really overdid the brownie MJ experience as he had a group of friends who munched on these all the time, they made their own.

BTW: grape seed ex does work to reduce amyloid plaque in the brain. I believe I've posted about it in Alt Med.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just don't want to eat those sweets, I've changed so much of what I put in my body in the last couple yrs. And don't want to pay for those priced brownies. I had an old bf who really overdid the brownie MJ experience as he had a group of friends who munched on these all the time, they made their own.

BTW: grape seed ex does work to reduce amyloid plaque in the brain. I believe I've posted about it in Alt Med.
Yeah, I couldn't eat them, either, unless they were vegan (no eggs or dairy). I substitute ground flax seeds soaked in a little water in the fridge for a few hours.

I've been doing intermittent fasting and it feels great; no food from noon or 2:00 at the latest until 5 or 6 the following morning, a 16 hour fast. Some people do a 23-1 once in a while, only one meal a day. Sometimes I do that. Brownies are really not on the menu. Rich food on an empty stomach: yikes!!

Old 07-06-2018, 10:45 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Need to be very very careful with Ibupropen especially taking it every day. I loved loved it for my DDD, my scoliosis, my headaches from neck injury, and after a few years of dosing myself, I ended up with ulcers and Barretts Esophogas. Now, I cannot touch it unless absolutely necessary. Have to use Tylenol only which isn't quite doing it for me. The CBD is still in the cabinet. Still thinking about it but was just in the ER with diverticulitis, so not now.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Need to be very very careful with Ibupropen especially taking it every day. I loved loved it for my DDD, my scoliosis, my headaches from neck injury, and after a few years of dosing myself, I ended up with ulcers and Barretts Esophogas. Now, I cannot touch it unless absolutely necessary. Have to use Tylenol only which isn't quite doing it for me. The CBD is still in the cabinet. Still thinking about it but was just in the ER with diverticulitis, so not now.
ALL pain meds come with side effects, Tylenol too. I don't like taking ibu but live with a lot of OA pain and mostly now from a sloppy hip replacement from the medical world.

I ended up with an ulcer back in the 80's from a pharma anti inflammatory.

It would be great if CBD really did the job.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:14 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Try green mountain 100% CBD oil. It’s different than Charlottes Web (which is the whole plant) and honestly after trying both I find that the Green Mountain brand worked amazing for pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements